2025 Titans QB Situation

KingTitan

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I'm really there. 

And a good point that was brought up on the radio:
Are we sure that this team can support a rookie QB next year?

Hopkins will likely be gone.
No Boyd.  No Burks(that it matters). 
NWI?
Who know what the defense will look like?

If Mason comes in and gives a few wins, lowers the chance of an impact player. 

We really are in a sucky place. 

This is partly why I wanted to draft a WR last draft . . . lol

Edited by Kookie23

52 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

he's gonna need to show out against texas for me to start taking this seriously, because as of now he still smells too much like "okay player on a great team." but if you're looking for a traditional pocket passer, he's one of those guys.

Yeah, I need him to have a great game against a great team when the rest of his team isn't doing great to consider him anything more than a backup.

Like, if you want to take him in the second, and use the first pick on like Tetaira McMillain or Luther Burden or whoever the top Edge is, I can live with that.  Second round investments ain't gonna prevent us from taking a better QB if one shows up, and maybe Beck can be good in the NFL.  But I think chances are that another team will take a shot at Beck way before I would feel comfortable taking a shot on Beck.

Beck has deserved more study from me. He did lead them back against Alabama after a rough start. 

Like to see how the season goes for him, but yeah, I'm reentering him back into my rotation of possible QBs next year. 

On 10/15/2024 at 11:03 AM, TitanSlim said:

I always come back to the traits Callahan said he looks for in a QB. Decision making, Timing, Accuracy and Toughness. Besides the toughness, these are all traits Levis has struggled with. Also traits to monitor when looking at any potential free agent QB and the QBs in the upcoming draft.

In this draft class that sounds like Shedeur

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

In this draft class that sounds like Shedeur

I think the one thing that might make them a little lower on Sanders is decision-making.  He's been better lately, but when he's scrambling, he often does some dumb things.  And I think Callahan's experience with Levis is probably going to make him prioritize decision-making even more.

That said, I don't know if I can put any of the "top" QBs higher on that front, with the possible exception of Ewers and Beck, both of whom have phenomenal situations, and in Beck's case, the one time he was challenged, he fell apart.  In Ewers' case, there's the injury.

So I guess we start warming up to Sanders.

5 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

whoever we draft as our next QB...i just want him to be GOOD

who's with me?!

I've heard legends of such a QB.  One that would bring years of peace to these Titania forum walls. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I think the one thing that might make them a little lower on Sanders is decision-making.  He's been better lately, but when he's scrambling, he often does some dumb things.  And I think Callahan's experience with Levis is probably going to make him prioritize decision-making even more.

That said, I don't know if I can put any of the "top" QBs higher on that front, with the possible exception of Ewers and Beck, both of whom have phenomenal situations, and in Beck's case, the one time he was challenged, he fell apart.  In Ewers' case, there's the injury.

FWIW, despite playing with much better supporting casts, both Ewers and Beck have worse INT% than both Ward and Sanders.

I like the tools and traits of Sanders, but not sure I want everything else that comes with him. I like a QB to have some personality and swagger, but he might be a little too far. 

I can see a situation where Amy does something similar to Bud, and fall in love with his traits, and his ability to put butts in our new stadium, and force Ran's hand. 

I just want the next guy to be "it". QB is the biggest crap shoot because the game is so dependent on that position. We've seen generational talent QB's be meh at best, best recent example is Trevor Lawrence, and guys with small or no buzz be Elite...Brady, Rodgers(slipped in the first), and Mahomes,(I know he was a 1st rounder but wasn't hearing elite, but honestly wasn't paying too close attention to QB's that year). I also understand the majority of high end QB's are drafted in the first round and typically early in the 1st. I do trust Ran to select the right guy, I don't hold Levis against him because the options were limited when we drafted in the first...and at least he waited until the 2nd to pick him. 

I also don't hate the idea of a reclamation project in a Darnold type QB, and waiting another year for better options...though I am not sure he can afford to wait. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

He has been generally accurate and taken care of the football at Colorado though. 70% comp and a 44/7 TD to INT ratio over the last 1 and a half seasons. 

Allar's arm talent is elite, quite likely the best of his class. He's got size, some athleticism, although he's not getting away cleanly in college and it'll be even more of an issue in the NFL, he will have to learn how to live within the pocket more. He's also pretty protective with the ball, plays within the scheme. Although I am warming up slightly more to Sanders as well, I still have him as my QB2 behind Ward.

man, allar looked so, so unimpressive vs illinois. poor accuracy in the short and mid range and was throwing a lot of balls with way too much juice on them- didn't seem like an effective touch thrower at all. that's all i've seen of him though, so i suppose i'll need to watch more.

there is always the chance he goes back to school, too- he's a young guy, but this is his second season starting, so if his stock skyrockets down the stretch i could see him pouncing on a weak QB class.