Week 17 Steelers vs. Browns Stay Healthy GDT

Steeler Hitman

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

A rookie should play at least 1 quarter IMO.  Just get him some run.  Like someone on the OL is going to have to play, we can't bench all 5 of them.  Can't bench all 11 on defense.  Just can't.  Not enough guys.  Some have to play.

Play the some that have to, play them sparingly.  Make it a defensive run the ball game.

Agreed. A lot of this has much to do with Tomlin's decision to bench guys BEFORE knowing how the Pats/Jets game turns out. It puts me in a mindset of..."Oh well, screw it. Bench everybody". 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

A rookie should play at least 1 quarter IMO.  Just get him some run.  Like someone on the OL is going to have to play, we can't bench all 5 of them.  Can't bench all 11 on defense.  Just can't.  Not enough guys.  Some have to play.

I'd be tempted to play all the starters minus Bell for 1 quarter just to keep the offense in rhythm for the long layoff.  But of course if you do that and Ben gets hurt, you will be crucified.  

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Play the some that have to, play them sparingly.  Make it a defensive run the ball game.

Should be a good game for the defense to rise up and play some good ball.  

Personally I wouldn't play Haden. Even though he's missed games and may be rusty we've seen how the passing defense suffers when he isn't playing. Before the Texans game the Steelers gave up 182 yards with him in the lineup. Without him they are giving up 252 yards.

4 minutes ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

Personally I wouldn't play Haden. Even though he's missed games and may be rusty we've seen how the passing defense suffers when he isn't playing. Before the Texans game the Steelers gave up 182 yards with him in the lineup. Without him they are having 252 yards.

I'd like to see him play some.  Maybe a half.  So he can be full prepared physically for the playoffs.  (Though, he did look really good coming off of injury last week)

Archived