Week 17 Steelers vs. Browns Stay Healthy GDT

Steeler Hitman

On 2017-12-28 at 2:01 PM, August4th said:

no lies here

On 2017-12-29 at 4:09 AM, steelcurtain29 said:

Still trying to figure out what went wrong with Dupree.. 

One minute we NEEDED HIM, the next; he sucks.

3 years later and not much progress, slow off the snap . could wait 5 years like other RD1 pick jones and I suppose Hood (4 years? ), which I expect

On 2017-12-29 at 4:36 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

TJ has shown far better hand usage and overall technique than Dupree has ever shown.    TJ is also new to the position and still learning.

I agree with your general point, and yes, we have no idea how TJ will ultimately turn out....but Ive never been as impressed with Dupree in the NFL as I have been with TJ at times.   TJ is still most definitely a work in progress, but he kind of reminds me a bit of how Troy looked his rookie season.....a guy who showed boatloads of promise but needed more time.   Not saying TJ will reach the same levels Troy reached, but Im more optimistic about what Ive seen from TJ than Dupree.    Dont get me wrong, I did get excited about Dupree from an athleticism standpoint, but much like Jarvis, never showed any real development in regards to pass rush movies, block shedding or instinctual.    

I pushed for us to draft Lawson even after we drafted Watt in the first round (in large part because I thought TJ was better suited for ILB....but I wouldve still loved to have grabbed Lawson in the 3rd).   If we had done that, I think we would be in good shape.

Me too about Lawson, and of course Justin Houston a few years ago9_9

11 hours ago, August4th said:

I think the clowns get one in the win column tomorrow

I never thought so until I read here that Ben and Bell aren't playing. Then AB is out I would say we are going to determine draft needs a bit anyways. 

3 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

If you're benching Ben and Bell and feel the #1 Seed is out of reach, you should bench JuJu too. Who knows how healthy AB ends up being and if you lose JuJu and AB isn't ready for the Playoffs you might as well forfeit. 

I mean...you only got so many inactive spots and some people have to play.

I would think we see a fair amount of Hunter and Rogers today on the outside.  Plenty of Grimble too.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I mean...you only got so many inactive spots and some people have to play.

I would think we see a fair amount of Hunter and Rogers today on the outside.  Plenty of Grimble too.

Then you bench him. Like you said, let Rogers/Bryant/Hunter/DHB handle the WR duties. 

7 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

If you're benching Ben and Bell and feel the #1 Seed is out of reach, you should bench JuJu too. Who knows how healthy AB ends up being and if you lose JuJu and AB isn't ready for the Playoffs you might as well forfeit. 

You could say that about half a dozen players.  Somebody's got to play.  He's young, he should be fine. 

Just now, Chieferific said:

Then you bench him. Like you said, let Rogers/Bryant/Hunter/DHB handle the WR duties. 

A rookie should play at least 1 quarter IMO.  Just get him some run.  Like someone on the OL is going to have to play, we can't bench all 5 of them.  Can't bench all 11 on defense.  Just can't.  Not enough guys.  Some have to play.

Play the some that have to, play them sparingly.  Make it a defensive run the ball game.

Archived