Packers Texans post game. Packers ****** victory from the jaws of defeat after trying to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.

Refugee

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I don't know if we or anyone else can stop the Lions offense.

I thought the Vikes were smoke and mirrors, but it now looks like they are here to stay.

If we or anyone else gets consistent pressure on Jared Goff, he will fold. 

I think our secondary matches up well vs them too. If Jaire is on his game, I'm more than comfortable with him locking up anyone. And I think Stokes can run with Williams.

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I was a little irked when I read something saying the fan who blocked the Mixon Lambeau leap was ejected from the game.  Then I saw this...

I had heard it was a fan behind him who spilled a beer on Mixon who got ejected. Probably more understandable but if you jump into a charged up, beer swilling mob, you get what you get in my opinion. I’ve heard Packers players talking about coming away from a leap dripping with beer let alone opposing team’s guys. Anyway, not worth digging into but glad overalls guys got to see the game winner first hand. 

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

Why are more people not clamoring for Wilson to start over Quay after this game?  Did he do that poorly against the run?  

From what I saw?  Yes.  He and Duff were looking really slow to diagnose and get to their spots in the run game.

Also?  It wasn't like we were giving them any help with run blitzes or loaded boxes too often.  We were clearly playing pass to see if they had it in them to stay with the run.

But Wilson in coverage looked like a double plus to me.  His drops were beautiful and he really knew what was going on behind him in terms of routes and coverage help.  It was a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If we or anyone else gets consistent pressure on Jared Goff, he will fold. 

I think our secondary matches up well vs them too. If Jaire is on his game, I'm more than comfortable with him locking up anyone. And I think Stokes can run with Williams.

When healthy they have....

One of the best o-lines in the NFL.  Could be the best, if not best, I'd say top 3.

Top flight TE.

Top flight WR in St. Brown.  Unreal vertical threat in Williams.

But really it is their line that makes it all look so easy.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I don't know if we or anyone else can stop the Lions offense.

I thought the Vikes were smoke and mirrors, but it now looks like they are here to stay.

I'm just not scared of the Lions at this point. They are going to have major defensive issues going forward without any pass rushers. 

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Yah, no.  And I'm not being a homer.

Love has the pure arm strength, and he does have finesse.  He has multiple arm levels, too.

When Love rears back and just fires it, it looks a lot like Favre.  But those throws are few and far between.  You see it most often on those outs.  You know, the ones where when it's first thrown, you think it is a pick 6 going the other way, but the ball gets there so fast that it's in the WR's hands in a blink of an eye.

When he needs to thread something in there, he looks like Rodgers with a wrist flick and the ball gets there fast.

The issue I see with him is aiming or feathering the ball.  Like he's trying too hard.  That is when his passes tend to float.

But really, when looking at his arm and what it can do?  It's elite.  As a defense, you have to defend the entire field against him and that arm.

I’m not being cute, I mean this in good faith: can you link some examples? Or let me know a good batch of footage to watch? I’d genuinely love to see it.

And I’m not saying just, strong, hard throws. I know he can throw fireballs with proper mechanics. I’m talking about high power, high velocity throws where the strength is being generated solely from his arm

9 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

This team is so dangerous. If we're winning games like this where we're trying to give it away, yikes. When we play clean games, I like our chances vs anyone. 

Fully agree. If the Packers play perfect, mistake-free football for a multi game stretch in the postseason, we'll win the super bowl.

I'm sure fans of the Chiefs, Vikings, lions, Bucs, Ravens and Bills all feel the same way

That was a fun win.  Fun to have a kinda awesome defense that was blitzing and producing pressure all over the place.  Packers coordinators have been so anti-blitz for so long, it's just weird and fun to have lots of blitz and pressure packages.  Defense really looked impressive.  Pressure and blitz, of course, depends on secondary covering well.  Having Jaire, and then with X-Bullard-Williams looking good, it's really fun. 

getting Gary completely free on the rush by looping him behind the other DE was a really nice game by the DL in the first half.  All set up by stopping the first and 10 run so they can run that type of stunt and not fear the big run play.

Didn't lead to a sack, but an ugly throwaway IIRC.

packers got a penalty after an XP which led to a kickoff out of bounds right?

The texans did that on purpose to change the kickoff into a 25 yard touchback rather than the 30?  Is that what happened there?

Imagine the packers making that decision correctly.

• Like 1

Think Houston has some good defensive game-planing for matching against us.

1. Really stuffed our end-arounds and reverse attempts. 
  2. Their pass-rushers gave our o-line trouble.  Obviously Love had loads more time than Stroud had, but he wasn't very comfortable very often, I didn't think. 
  3. As Mike noted on previous page, Packers really struggled with modest-yardage stuff.  2nd half, had series with a first down gain of ~7-8 yards, but couldn't pick up the other 2-3 yards in two attempts, a failed end-around and then a failed 3rd-down play. The first-quarter interception, watching the replay it didn't look like that great of a play, and nobody seemed easily obviously open.  Must have been something better than what Love chose, but they seemed to have it covered pretty well. 
  4. Great throw from Love in the 1st-half 2-minute, that Reed dropped.  Extra 3 points would have changed the shape of the 2nd half.  
  5. Much faulting in this thread of Love's interceptions.  Made a poor decision and a poor throw on the Watson interception.  The 1st-quarter one ended up bad, because not only did they get the ball but they ran it back a long ways.  But I'm really OK with taking some risky throws on 3rd downs.  Just playing it safe, and punting, that's a possession turnover anyway.  I know, I know, it's a bunch of field-position yards, too.  But I think possession is so valuable, taking some risk to try to keep possession versus punting justifies a lot of risks.  
  6. Doubs made some really tough catches.  And Kraft.  But man, the passing game sure didn't seem to have anything easy going on.  Completions seemed to require difficult throws and difficult catches.  
  7. Jacobs is good.  
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, craig said:

Much faulting in this thread of Love's interceptions.  Made a poor decision and a poor throw on the Watson interception.  The 1st-quarter one ended up bad, because not only did they get the ball but they ran it back a long ways.  But I'm really OK with taking some risky throws on 3rd downs.  Just playing it safe, and punting, that's a possession turnover anyway.  I know, I know, it's a bunch of field-position yards, too.  But I think possession is so valuable, taking some risk to try to keep possession versus punting justifies a lot of risks.  

arm punts are totally fine.  Especially on 3rd down.  You can't have the late throws to the short sideline though like we had on the pick 6 last week, or poor decisions to very covered receivers over the middle.  That's where you lose big yardage going the other way.

2 hours ago, DannyB said:

Fully agree. If the Packers play perfect, mistake-free football for a multi game stretch in the postseason, we'll win the super bowl.

I'm sure fans of the Chiefs, Vikings, lions, Bucs, Ravens and Bills all feel the same way

Their fans must be delusional. 

24 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Their fans must be delusional. 

Well, I mean if they pull off the W tonight, you might include them in an NFC contender list, and to be fair they are the only team that's beaten the Lions so far

But yeah, at this point I would probably rate the Commanders chances of making the SB higher than theirs

Also man, as much as I should let it go, I still can't get over the league passing up our game yesterday and showing that big fat stink show of a game on SNF last night.  Worst snf game in NFL history by far.

Edited by LLcheesehead12
  • Like 1