Packers Texans post game. Packers ****** victory from the jaws of defeat after trying to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.

Refugee

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

They have a very good offense . I wouldn’t put them as one of the best I’ve ever seen though where they’re unstoppable. 

We have a higher upside as an offense. 

I see the bolded part as homerism.

Their line is much better than ours.  They have two running backs, high end running backs and one of them is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches.

Young stud at TE.

Williams is a better version than Watson.

St. Brown is tiers above anyone else we have.

Goff has time and doesn't make mistakes.

To me, it comes down to the oline.  Theirs is better.  We have maybe more weapons on offense.

And maybe Love is better than Goff.  But that is very debatable this year.

I'd say that we are very similar to each other on offense.  They clearly have a better offensive line and trenches usually dictate who wins the game.

• Like 2

On 10/21/2024 at 12:44 AM, incognito_man said:

It was a halfway unimpressive win because we played so ugly in some regards and some elite football in others. We're not used to winning with ugly offense at times. That we can should be scary for the league. The offense is going to take off pretty soon I think. 

The good teams in this league find a way to win even when they aren't playing their best.

36 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I'm not so sure of that. 

This team is built for speed. We might actually fair better in a dome.

I see your point. 
Last year J Love’s best games are in dome on artificial turf. 

@ Dal @ Det @ Min

From years we kept hearing getting a playoff in Lambeau was going to be huge advantage, but 2020 and 2021 didn’t do us any good. 

Only benefit might be Goff and Sam D might struggle in cold weather. 

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I see the bolded part as homerism.

Their line is much better than ours.  They have two running backs, high end running backs and one of them is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches.

Young stud at TE.

Williams is a better version than Watson.

St. Brown is tiers above anyone else we have.

Goff has time and doesn't make mistakes.

To me, it comes down to the oline.  Theirs is better.  We have maybe more weapons on offense.

And maybe Love is better than Goff.  But that is very debatable this year.

I'd say that we are very similar to each other on offense.  They clearly have a better offensive line and trenches usually dictate who wins the game.

I can't disagree with any of this at this moment in time. Goff will be their undoing in the biggest of moments. Of this, I am sure. 

On 10/21/2024 at 8:06 AM, Old Guy said:

Our nemesis (49ers) seems to be down this year too. I like our chances of getting out of the conference tbh. 

I think the current leader of the NFCN is the team to beat in this conference, not the 49ers or anybody else.

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I can't disagree with any of this at this moment in time. Goff will be their undoing in the biggest of moments. Of this, I am sure. 

He is the one reason why I don't feel that they are a "shoe in" for a Superb Owl.  But dang, he's simply proving me wrong game after game after game after game this year.  He's reminding me of prime Kurt Warner right now.  Just automatic.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

You think GB would benefit from playing in a dome more than teams like MIN/DET/ATL would?  I don't think so.

I think the weather would have as negative effect on all 4 especially big play offense, which GB does more of than the other 3.

Just now, Pugger said:

I think the current leader of the NFCN is the team to beat in this conference, not the 49ers or anybody else.

Two reasons why they won't make it. The lack of talent at DE which will lead to a game(s) with no pressure on the quarterback. They have to rely on blitzing people to get pressure at this point. They are not talented enough to do this consistently and not get burned. 

Jared Goff will get pressured and return to his true form. 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

He is the one reason why I don't feel that they are a "shoe in" for a Superb Owl.  But dang, he's simply proving me wrong game after game after game after game this year.  He's reminding me of prime Kurt Warner right now.  Just automatic.

You want to see Goff fold, apply pressure to him. We have a secret weapon, E. Cooper who will come flying up the middle and tear that statue down. 

23 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Any time you lose the turnover battle by 3 and still win, thats doing the little things right.  Hafley deservedly got a game ball.  In the last 5 games, they've given up a total of 22 second half points.  Pretty impressive.

What a difference a DC makes.  😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

You want to see Goff fold, apply pressure to him. We have a secret weapon, E. Cooper who will come flying up the middle and tear that statue down. 

Well, to do that, you gotta get past their o-line, which is one of the league's best and has been for a few years.

Blitz a guy and that leaves space for their WR's (St. Brown / LaPorta) to operate.  Goff is really smart, he will see it and know how to beat it.

To me, if you want to beat Goff, you need to get them in longer down/distance snaps.  Disguise the defense and simply win a 1:1 for a rush.

I'd be leery of going blitz heavy against him.  

Maybe someone who knows stats and find out Goff's QB rank against the blitz......  

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Well, to do that, you gotta get past their o-line, which is one of the league's best and has been for a few years.

Blitz a guy and that leaves space for their WR's (St. Brown / LaPorta) to operate.  Goff is really smart, he will see it and know how to beat it.

To me, if you want to beat Goff, you need to get them in longer down/distance snaps.  Disguise the defense and simply win a 1:1 for a rush.

Maybe someone who knows stats and find out Goff's QB rank against the blitz......  

Cooper is fast enough to hesitate, wait for a hole and explode through it. He's got a suddenness that is very rare for a LBer. 

You underestimate how good we are in the backend. We can cover this year, really well. 

Tennessee game vs. Detroit this weekend will be interesting. They are very stout up front. 

Edited by Old Guy

17 hours ago, DannyB said:

Fully agree. If the Packers play perfect, mistake-free football for a multi game stretch in the postseason, we'll win the super bowl.

I'm sure fans of the Chiefs, Vikings, lions, Bucs, Ravens and Bills all feel the same way

The Bucs?  They have to shore up a lot.  The Ravens beat them handily last night in Tampa.

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Goff has been burning teams trying to blitz. Just too many weapons in sync and Goff has been very cool under the rare pressure that has gotten through that line. Obviously I want them to come down to Earth, but so far they have been rolling and can beat you in many different ways. I think we are like that but haven’t gotten it to the level DET is performing. Going to be a huge test to start November. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Cooper is fast enough to hesitate, wait for a hole and explode through it. He's got a suddenness that is very rare for a LBer. 

You underestimate how good we are in the backend. We can cover this year, really well. 

Tennessee game vs. Detroit this weekend will be interesting. They are very stout up front. 

Our coverage is only as good as JA.  If he doesn't play, we are not remotely the same.

Cooper is a rare athlete.  But Goff is a seasoned vet who has seen it all.  Bringing Cooper means next to nothing against that o-line and that QB.

And again, if you bring him, odds are you are blitzing.  And that will open up holes for others to work.  Goff will know where those are.

I go back to this.  If you want to win against them, shut down the run.  Disguise your coverage and win your 1:1 rush.

If you want to blitz Cooper, have at it, but drop someone else.  Don't give Goff the easy ones.