TARFT: New Forum, New Thread

LeeEvans

• 3 weeks later...

Usually, EA are pretty good with their FIFA player ratings. But, they have absolutely mugged Harry Kane off this year. 86 rating is disgraceful. The list of attackers who are rated higher, not including the Icons are:

Ronaldo 94

Messi 93

Suarez 92

Neymar 92

Lewandowski 91

Higuain 90

Hazard 90

De Bruyne 89

Aguero 89

Bale 89

Griezmann 88

Ozil 88

Zlatan 88

Aubameyang 88

Dybala 88

Cavani 87

David Silva 87

Eriksen 87

It seems crazy that that many attackers are higher rated than Kane. He's also the same as Costa, Coutinho, Mertins, Benzema, Rodriguez, Lukaku and Muller. Kanes pace is also 71 hahaha. The same as Ozil.... anyway rant over. It's a pretty decent game other than this rating gaffe.

@kempus I think Ozil, Silva, Zlatan and Cavani are the only ones that really bad. 71 as his pace is pretty insane, he's much quicker than he looks. 

As for the actual gameplay I enjoy it so much more than FIFA17 which was a train wreck in just about every way. Defending is ridiculously hard but I think that will just take some time to get used to. I think the attacking is just about perfect, maybe a little too easy but it is such a welcome change from 17 in which the AI defending was just so overpowered. Another thing that is really nice is that teams actually play differently and even change up how they play in the same game, no more tiki-taka from every team even in League 2. 

13 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

@kempus I think Ozil, Silva, Zlatan and Cavani are the only ones that really bad. 71 as his pace is pretty insane, he's much quicker than he looks.

Kane is as good as or better than Higuain, De Bruyne, Aguero, Griezmann, Ozil, Zlatan, Aubameyang, Dybala, Cavani, Silva and Eriksen imo. For him to not be the top rates Spurs player is silly.

Yeah, I like the game play so far.

I take back what I said about FIFA 18. I hate it. They have gone so far away from the op defending last year. This year, the AI defense is non existent. If you aren't controling the player, they may as well not be there. Every game has like 10 goals in it. Pretty boring. It's become a gimmick arcade game.

The stats are completely off on the player cards too. 91 pace Dembele gets outran by Ricardo Rodriguez and Benatia. Even with chem cards thats ridiculous.

Edited by kempus

7 hours ago, kempus said:

I take back what I said about FIFA 18. I hate it. They have gone so far away from the op defending last year. This year, the AI defense is non existent. If you aren't controling the player, they may as well not be there. Every game has like 10 goals in it. Pretty boring. It's become a gimmick arcade game.

The stats are completely off on the player cards too. 91 pace Dembele gets outran by Ricardo Rodriguez and Benatia. Even with chem cards thats ridiculous.

I like it more than 17 but the defending is frustrating. I thought I would get better at it in time but that isn't happening, you basically have to control all 11 players at the same time. If I control a defender and force him over to another defender the AI defender doesn't make any effort to take the ball or even turn him back towards me. 

I thought the player stats have been pretty good actually. Pace seems like a pretty good balance, if I get a quick attacker into space he can run past defenders but it's not completely OP. Strength is a little inconsistent but it seems okay.