2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

Quenton Nelson is going #2 to the Giants, so we can forget about him. 

On the QB subject... I agree with @Bobby816 ... Macc knows he has to find a QB or he's likely going to be gone. Nothing is certain for him after this offseason (if all goes wrong, the Jets won't mind eating 2 years on a contract), so he'll have a few options: sign/trade for a proven commodity in Cousins/Smith or draft a QB. If we don't land Cousins/Smith, I fully expect Macc to trade into the top 3. Drafting a young QB at least buys him another year, whereas drafting no QB leaves nothing guaranteed past 2018. 

12 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Quenton Nelson is going #2 to the Giants, so we can forget about him. 

On the QB subject... I agree with @Bobby816 ... Macc knows he has to find a QB or he's likely going to be gone. Nothing is certain for him after this offseason (if all goes wrong, the Jets won't mind eating 2 years on a contract), so he'll have a few options: sign/trade for a proven commodity in Cousins/Smith or draft a QB. If we don't land Cousins/Smith, I fully expect Macc to trade into the top 3. Drafting a young QB at least buys him another year, whereas drafting no QB leaves nothing guaranteed past 2018. 

WAAAAY too early to say Nelson is going to the Giants.  Also, guard isn't the weak spot on that o-line; tackle is.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Michel is who I’d rather. Not bc of this game but bc of less mileage, less injury risk and could be had a tad later than Chubb. I’d love either of them tbh.

Other than these. He is much better receiver.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Michel is who I’d rather. Not bc of this game but bc of less mileage, less injury risk and could be had a tad later than Chubb. I’d love either of them tbh.

I'd be happy with either as well. Their placements all ride on combine numbers as usual. I like them and Penny from SD.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

What the going price to trade up to 2 or 3 from 6?

It's going to cost a lot whether we move up to 1, 2, or 3. For top 2 you're looking at our 1st, a 2nd, and a future 1st. #3 I think 1st, 2nd, and 4th gets it done. 

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

WAAAAY too early to say Nelson is going to the Giants.  Also, guard isn't the weak spot on that o-line; tackle is.

I know it's early, just stating what I think will happen. Forget G/T, he's the best offensive line prospect I can remember since Joe Thomas. Hopefully we sign Kirk and he falls to us at 6 like Leo and Adams did, but I don't see it happening. 

Archived