2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

10 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I like Justin Jackson, too. Man, Barkley looks so damn good, but then you look at some of these other guys and think some might go in the third or fourth round, it really makes the decision that much more difficult.

It’s a no brained for me. If we get Cousins or even Bridgewater and Barkley is there at 6... we have to take him. I’m doubting him getting out of the top 3 or 4 though. Like I’ve said all along... he’s better than any RB prospect I’ve been excited about since AP.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s a no brained for me. If we get Cousins or even Bridgewater and Barkley is there at 6... we have to take him. I’m doubting him getting out of the top 3 or 4 though. Like I’ve said all along... he’s better than any RB prospect I’ve been excited about since AP.

So, let's say Cousins goes to Minnesota or Denver. We have the choice of Barkley, Nelson or one of 2-3 QB's, what do you do?

10 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

So, let's say Cousins goes to Minnesota or Denver. We have the choice of Barkley, Nelson or one of 2-3 QB's, what do you do?

Barkley probably doesnt make it to #3. Gettleman said hes going BPA.

But if he somehow makes it to #6, i still take Barkley. Teams have run their way to a superbowl b4. 

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

If you actually support Macs “BPA” approach then I don’t know why anyone would have a problem with Barkley at 6.

I really don't think some people would be upset if we took Barkley, most people won't argue he is the best player in the draft. 

22 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

If we just resign McCown than I believe we have to go QB. If we sign a guy like Bridgewater or possibly even McCarron (who I’m not really a fan of, but he has upside) than I say go Barkley or Nelson.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

If we just resign McCown than I believe we have to go QB. If we sign a guy like Bridgewater or possibly even McCarron (who I’m not really a fan of, but he has upside) than I say go Barkley or Nelson.

If we pass on any top QB because we signed Teddy Bridgewater then we need a new GM.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m slightly intrigued by a Teddy B plus revamped O-Line in FA and Barkley at 6

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I obviously disagree.

The guy hasn’t played in 2 years man and was very middle of the road when he did. It’d take some serious balls for this staff to hedge their bets on him.

I think there’s a very very slim chance they pass on Rosen/Darnold/Mayfied assuming any of them are there, and I think one will be. 

10 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

If we pass on any top QB because we signed Teddy Bridgewater then we need a new GM.

Thats a pretty silly statement. What if all those QB's become busts? Would we still need a new GM? The issue i find is that fans tend to think they know more than the GM's.

If your scouts and development guys fall in love woth Barkley, would you really pass on him for a QB your scouts are lukewarm about?

If you draft for the fans, youll never win. In fact, being in NY is a tough market because the fans are so impatient that they dont want to take the time to rebuild, so gms have to abandon rebuilding in order to playcate the fan base. 

3 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Thats a pretty silly statement. What if all those QB's become busts? Would we still need a new GM? The issue i find is that fans tend to think they know more than the GM's.

If your scouts and development guys fall in love woth Barkley, would you really pass on him for a QB your scouts are lukewarm about?

If you draft for the fans, youll never win. In fact, being in NY is a tough market because the fans are so impatient that they dont want to take the time to rebuild, so gms have to abandon rebuilding in order to playcate the fan base. 

Has nothing at all to do with “drafting for the fans” it’s about needing a QB.

I assure you once Cousins signs with Minnesota/Denver Mac will pursue his guy via the draft. Whether it’s trade up or sit pat, he will try for his QB.

Archived