2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

10 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Josh Allen to Cleveland is going to continue to pick up steam from here on out; the question is who will the Jets prefer out of Darnold/Mayfield/Rosen? I think Darnold, but have tracked a lot of links between Rosen-Maccagnan. 

Good, I'm fine with them taking the Vernon Gholston of QB's.  Just kidding... partially.  He has a chance to be special but man he is scary.

18 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Josh Allen to Cleveland is going to continue to pick up steam from here on out; the question is who will the Jets prefer out of Darnold/Mayfield/Rosen? I think Darnold, but have tracked a lot of links between Rosen-Maccagnan. 

I’m thinking Cleveland goes Barkley 1. I think they don’t big time favor any 1 QB to an another. The Giants not choosing a QB (like I stated from the get go) is seeming more likely now. Nelson would be a great pickup for them at 2. Colts don’t need a QB and either go Chubb or trade out. There’s a decent chance Cleveland gets there guy at 4 with already drafting Barkley. The question is also who does Denver take? If they sign Keenum... do they draft a guy at 5 with him and still lynch on the roster? Who knows. Time will tell.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I’m thinking Cleveland goes Barkley 1. I think they don’t big time favor any 1 QB to an another. The Giants not choosing a QB (like I stated from the get go) is seeming more likely now. Nelson would be a great pickup for them at 2. Colts don’t need a QB and either go Chubb or trade out. There’s a decent chance Cleveland gets there guy at 4 with already drafting Barkley. The question is also who does Denver take? If they sign Keenum... do they draft a guy at 5 with him and still lynch on the roster? Who knows. Time will tell.

What's your basis for that comment?

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

That seems like best case scenario, especially if Denver decides not to draft a QB at 5.  We would have all but 1 QB to choose from.

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

What's your basis for that comment?

Same reason as to why we have no clue if we favor a QB to another. They very well could. But it appears most experts rankings are all over the place regarding the QBs, so it’s an educated guess that they might not prefer one. But I think they know if they don’t grab Barkley at 1 he won’t be there at 4. Which I think plays a big part as well. They’ve done good things with the line. What better way to help out a young QB than get a star RB prospect? Make running the ball a priority to help out the young QB.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Same reason as to why we have no clue if we favor a QB to another. They very well could. But it appears most experts rankings are all over the place regarding the QBs, so it’s an educated guess that they might not prefer one. But I think they know if they don’t grab Barkley at 1 he won’t be there at 4. Which I think plays a big part as well. They’ve done good things with the line. What better way to help out a young QB than get a star RB prospect? Make running the ball a priority to help out the young QB.

This is way off. Just because we as a fan base and media don't have a clue doesn't mean the front office doesn't.

Chances are the Browns have 2 QBs they will zero in on, and the same is likely for us.

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

This is way off. Just because we as a fan base and media don't have a clue doesn't mean the front office doesn't.

Chances are the Browns have 2 QBs they will zero in on, and the same is likely for us.

Ya but my point was that they are pretty likely to get one of those guys at 4 still.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya but my point was that they are pretty likely to get one of those guys at 4 still.

You can't bank on that. Again, if the Giants decide to take a QB or trade down (both distinct possibilities) and the Colts being a hotspot for a trade, they could very well lose out on their top 2 signal callers by the time pick 4 comes around. If your 3rd ranked QB isn't even your top 10 players, you can't justify reaching for that player... That's why the Browns will select their QB at #1. 

As far as the Jets, they too will likely only value 2 QBs - maybe 3 - as top 6 players. It's very possible all are gone by 6, which is why the Jets will have to strongly consider moving up to secure their "guy"

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

You can't bank on that. Again, if the Giants decide to take a QB or trade down (both distinct possibilities) and the Colts being a hotspot for a trade, they could very well lose out on their top 2 signal callers by the time pick 4 comes around. If your 3rd ranked QB isn't even your top 10 players, you can't justify reaching for that player... That's why the Browns will select their QB at #1. 

As far as the Jets, they too will likely only value 2 QBs - maybe 3 - as top 6 players. It's very possible all are gone by 6, which is why the Jets will have to strongly consider moving up to secure their "guy"

You’re leaving out the possibility that Cleveland doesn’t view any QB as more valuable than that of Barkley. That grabbing him means more to them than any of the QBs.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

You’re leaving out the possibility that Cleveland doesn’t view any QB as more valuable than that of Barkley. That grabbing him means more to them than any of the QBs.

we don't know.  If Todd Haley said Kizer was a guy then no qb in top 5.   Also, Joe Thomas already informed Browns FO that he has been pondering retirement in near future so Kolton Miller is not out of question.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Elway's guys are Allen and Mayfield so he'll probably hope to land one of them with Cleveland getting the other. 

Archived