most anticipated films and TV for 2018?

August4th

On 1/2/2018 at 1:22 AM, rob_shadows said:

For tv definitely the Roseanne reboot... Still a little confused how John Goodman is returning when Dan died but more Dan Conner is never a bad thing so I'm cool with pretending it never happened.

I mean, if you go with the reveal in what was the series finale - the whole thing/show was a book written by Roseanne (the Roseanne character not the actress) based on her real life where she changed the parts she didn't like, so technically they have a fairly easy out and some awesome opportunities to break the fourth wall in the new series if they want to.  So technically, if they just pick up with the book as Roseanne had written it, Dan's not dead.  "Real Life" Dane is Dead, In-Story Dan isn't.  Just as in Real Life it's Jackie who is gay, Mark and Darlene are a couple and David and Becky are a couple, whereas In-Story the couples are in the pairings we saw through most of the original series.

10 hours ago, The LBC said:

I mean, if you go with the reveal in what was the series finale - the whole thing/show was a book written by Roseanne (the Roseanne character not the actress) based on her real life where she changed the parts she didn't like, so technically they have a fairly easy out and some awesome opportunities to break the fourth wall in the new series if they want to.  So technically, if they just pick up with the book as Roseanne had written it, Dan's not dead.  "Real Life" Dane is Dead, In-Story Dan isn't.  Just as in Real Life it's Jackie who is gay, Mark and Darlene are a couple and David and Becky are a couple, whereas In-Story the couples are in the pairings we saw through most of the original series.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it.

I'm curious to see how that handle Mark too since the actor who played him died a while ago.

6 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it.

I'm curious to see how that handle Mark too since the actor who played him died a while ago.

There's a part of me that hopes they recast Mark at least twice over the course of the rebooted series just as a nod to the Becky recasting from the first incarnation.  It would need to be done anyway if they were going to have a Mark character so it could be a cool nod.  I mean, they've already got Sarah Chalke (Becky 2) cast as another character.  I kind of anticipate them having Mark have left Becky with the kid(s) and Becky's character being one of sources for romantic plot lines (they can do DJ but how much interest is he really going to carry with viewers, which leaves potentially Becky and/or Jackie).

Archived