most anticipated films and TV for 2018?

August4th

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I was hyped for predator.. I liked the idea of it taking place in the suburbs but the plot sounds risky and I realized I'm not a big fan of Shane black films

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and The Nice Guys are great

16 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I just have this sick terrible feeling that Shane Black absolutely effed it.  Autistic kid that understands the Predator language?  Mental patients fighting Predator while Gary Busey's (Predator 2) character's son (played by Gary Busey's son) tries doing what his dad did? 

Everybody in the entire effing world knows that the Predator franchise is no place for a kid, so why add one?  It's just really weird and I have a feeling I'm going to hate it.  And that's coming from someone who has Predator as a firm placement in his Mount Rushmore of Movie Monsters.  It's a top 5 movie for me. 

I started to laugh because I thought you were joking. So I looked it up...

The Predator is almost like an A-Team mash-up. Wounded soldiers who are being discarded rise up and fight an alien threat as these hunters show up in the suburban town of a young boy (Jacob Tremblay) with autism.

This sounds like it's going to be pretty bad. But I do like Thomas Jane. I'll definitely wait on reviews before deciding to see it in theater or wait for home release.

I am actually quite excited for Shane Black's take on Predator. Hyper violence with dark humor as a predator tears apart suburbia? I will take it. The cast looks terrific too, outside Olivia Munn. Trevante Rhodes is super talented, Boyd Holbrook is just good enough to be the main character (As long as its an ensemble type cast), Alfie Allen and Thomas Jane? Yes plz, Keegan is decent as comic relief, Sterling Brown has a meh resume but was fantastic in People v OJ so I will give him the benefit of the doubt, Jake Busey and Edward James Olmos? Wildcards but who knows haha. Its only Munn that holds them back as a cast IMO

I am a huge fan of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Nice Guys, two of my favorite comedies, and I don't think Black has made a bad movie to date. I have faith in this one.

3 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I am actually quite excited for Shane Black's take on Predator. Hyper violence with dark humor as a predator tears apart suburbia? I will take it. The cast looks terrific too, outside Olivia Munn. Trevante Rhodes is super talented, Boyd Holbrook is just good enough to be the main character (As long as its an ensemble type cast), Alfie Allen and Thomas Jane? Yes plz, Keegan is decent as comic relief, Sterling Brown has a meh resume but was fantastic in People v OJ so I will give him the benefit of the doubt, Jake Busey and Edward James Olmos? Wildcards but who knows haha. Its only Munn that holds them back as a cast IMO

I am a huge fan of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Nice Guys, two of my favorite comedies, and I don't think Black has made a bad movie to date. I have faith in this one.

The script leaked and pretty much everyone thinks it sucks.

Anyways my top 10 for most anticipated:

1. Avengers: Infinity War

2. Incredibles 2

3. God Particle

4. Deadpool 2

5. Black Panther

6. Aquaman

7. Maze Runner: Death Cure

8. Venom

9. Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald

10. The Equalizer 2

I have a list of 30 but figured that'd be overkill here.

The script leaked and pretty much everyone thinks it sucks.

Bummer. Still have hope though.

For me in 2018:

1. Annihilation

2. The Irishman

3. Sicario 2

4. God Particle

5. Isle of Dogs

6. Avengers: Infinity War

7. Bohemian Rhapsody    

8. Gringo

9. White Boy Rick

10. Don't Worry He Wont Get Far on Foot

I have no clue what comes out this year on tv other than Jessica Jones 2, so Im excited for that.

Movies?

1. Roma(Cuaron)
  2. First Man(Chazalle)
  3. Super Troopers 2
  4. Infinity War
  5. Deadpool 2
  6. You Were Never Really Here(Ramsay)
  7. A Star is Born(Cooper)
  8. Isle of Dogs(Anderson)
  9. Aquaman
  10. Jurassic World

1. Infinity War
2. Deadpool 2
3. Black Panther
4. Ready Player One
5. Sicario 2
6. Ant-Man and the Wasp
7. Wreck It Ralph 2
8. X-Men: Dark Phoenix
9. Incredibles 2
10. Mission Impossible 6

HM: Pacific Rim: Uprising, Venom, Creed 2, Bohemian Rhapsody

Haven't really looked into the smaller movies yet, so this is pretty much all sequels and blockbusters

We may being reaching full Saturation with Super Hero/Comic book movies. There are actually 10 coming out this year in theaters. That sounds crazy, but it is true, and Im not even stretching that categorization of "Comic book movies";

• Black Panther
  • New Mutants
  • Avengers: Infinity War
  • Deadpool 2
  • Incredibles 2
  • Ant-Man & The Wasp
  • Venom
  • X-Men: Dark Pheonix
  • Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse
  • Aquaman

If you open up that "category" just a bit, and pull in Video Game movies like many do, plus talk about other films that have some type of Comic adaptation you can add; Solo, Alita: Battle Angel, Tomb Raider, Pacific Rim 2, Bumblebee, Rampage, Wreck It Ralph 2, and of course Ready Player One.

That is sooooo much just in that vein of films. Some might get mad that those are all bunched together, but they are almost all marketed to the same group. Just saying.

5 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

We may being reaching full Saturation with Super Hero/Comic book movies. There are actually 10 coming out this year in theaters. That sounds crazy, but it is true, and Im not even stretching that categorization of "Comic book movies";

• Black Panther
  • New Mutants
  • Avengers: Infinity War
  • Deadpool 2
  • Incredibles 2
  • Ant-Man & The Wasp
  • Venom
  • X-Men: Dark Pheonix
  • Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse
  • Aquaman

If you open up that "category" just a bit, and pull in Video Game movies like many do, plus talk about other films that have some type of Comic adaptation you can add; Solo, Alita: Battle Angel, Tomb Raider, Pacific Rim 2, Bumblebee, Rampage, Wreck It Ralph 2, and of course Ready Player One.

That is sooooo much just in that vein of films. Some might get mad that those are all bunched together, but they are almost all marketed to the same group. Just saying.

How is this any different then saying there are a bunch of action, drama, comedy movies that come out each year.

23 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

How is this any different then saying there are a bunch of action, drama, comedy movies that come out each year.

Action, drama, comedy are genres. "Superhero movies" is subject matter. If 10 major action films come out in a year , that's fine and expected. If 10 major WWII films come out in one year, it's a bit much. 

Not necessarily excited for this, but wasnt sure where to put it....

Doesnt look nearly as bad as I thought it would    Special effects actually look pretty good for a channel known for laughably bad ones.   Could be decent.

16 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

To support the point @Cakeshoppe made;

Since the year 2010, there have been 40 big budget/wide release Superhero films (depends how you characterize Chronicle, but lets count it to make it an even 40). Of those movies, only just over a handful made less than $100m at the box-office (Green Hornet, Chronicle, Ghost Rider 2, Fantastic Four, TMNT 2 and Power Rangers) so the ones you would expect. But even if we move that bar to $150, it only adds a few more (Megamind, X-Men; First Class, Green Lantern, Wolverine) Thats only a fourth of all Superhero films not making huge money in the past 8 years, with two of those probably being seen as being big successes even at their numbers (Chronicle & Megamind).

So the point is, averaging 5 movies per year over this stretch, only probably 1 of those movies arent going to be money in the bank at the Box Office. Im not even factoring in their budgets and if it was profitable for the studio yet, but if you are going to start growing that average to 10-12-15 movies per year, those Box Office dollars are going to drop, and probably even quicker than we see that effect, the quality of the films will drop.

We've already heard the constant complaints about the Villains big hole in the sky issue. And only more things like that are going to become problems as studios try to pump these films out.

Archived