Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

We're gonna have soooooo much money. Might as well splurge. We've been doling out reasonable contracts the last few years and it isn't working. Time to sign the top two or three FAs.

Don't we have to break the bank for Winston and Evans this offseason?

3 minutes ago, Calibucsfan said:

Don't we have to break the bank for Winston and Evans this offseason?

We've got another year for Jameis before we give him his fifth year option. And Evans will be on his option this year.

We don't traditionally reup on contracts before they're needed.

59 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

No sense to splurge on below average talent. 

We paid baker 5-6 million to come in and drink when guys paid less than him were better overall. How does that help the locker room culture? 

$5.5M for an upper tier DT (before he got here) is hardly splurging in FA. He was one of those "good" contracts we doled out.

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I’d extend brate, Evans and marpet easily this offseason. 

Winston- we will pick up his 5th year option. 

Brate is the only one who's up for a new contract. I hope (and expect) it'll be something in the 4 years $28M range.

25 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

He know the money is there but I’m not coming close to paying Brate $7,000,000 a season. 

Gronk is getting $9 per and Howard is the number one te.

Brate is still the number one as long as Jameis is the starter. Especially in key situations like third down and the redzone. 

I’m a fan and hope he’s a Buc I just think Howard is going to run right over him. Paying a number two te Olsen, Walker, Clay type money is too steep for me. That range is number one/two type team target money for a te.

Maybe it takes Howard longer to get the pro game? Cap going up, tons of space, sticky hands etc maybe I’m penny pinching.

I think Dave Gettelmen said it best in his intro PC with the Giants. There is no such thing as having too many good players at one position. I completely agree. He was referring to the DL btw. Let’s stock pile talent on the DL.

From what the coaches have said I don’t think they will do as much on the OL, but it will be addressed. That being said..

DL I’d all give contracts to:

Ziggy Ansah, Kony Ealy, Michael Bennett, Star Lotulelei, re sign Clinton McDonald

Then draft Bradley Chubb. Boom!

On 1/3/2018 at 9:23 AM, bucsfan333 said:

Fuller exploded onto the scene his first three or four games his rookie year. I think he had like two or three INTs and a sack. Then it went to ****. And fast. He seems to have slowly recovered since then.

That said, Koetter and Licht aren't exactly in a position to take fliers. We need guys we know will contribute right away.

I would rather keep Kyle Fuller than sign Trumaine Johnson or Malcolm Butler. That's how dominate Fuller was to end the season. You're talking about a guy who received several All-Pro votes, and they were warranted. 

Fuller got caught in the debacle that was the Mel Tucker 32nd ranked Defense. That starting DL literally was made up of people who aren't in the league anymore (Ferguson/Dunn/Bass/Sutton), the DBs were hung to dry. Then he had an injury riddled season last season. 

He's only 25 years old though, just starting to hit his stride. I think it's a moot point though, don't see any chance Pace let's him out of Chicago. Wouldn't be surprised one bit to see them fork over $14.2 to franchise tag him.

10 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

I would rather keep Kyle Fuller than sign Trumaine Johnson or Malcolm Butler. That's how dominate Fuller was to end the season. You're talking about a guy who received several All-Pro votes, and they were warranted. 

Fuller got caught in the debacle that was the Mel Tucker 32nd ranked Defense. That starting DL literally was made up of people who aren't in the league anymore (Ferguson/Dunn/Bass/Sutton), the DBs were hung to dry. Then he had an injury riddled season last season. 

He's only 25 years old though, just starting to hit his stride. I think it's a moot point though, don't see any chance Pace let's him out of Chicago. Wouldn't be surprised one bit to see them fork over $14.2 to franchise tag him.

Thanks for the insight. ?

Archived