FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

1 minute ago, Colt45fool said:

So we basically didn't add any talent in free agency to our untalented roster. 

But mac didn't lie. Were active. Backup qb and an average plodder at RB.

We actually lost talent so far 

DeMario Davis was arguably our best defensive player and ASJ our second best offensive player 

2 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

So we basically didn't add any talent in free agency to our untalented roster. 

But mac didn't lie. Were active. Backup qb and an average plodder at RB.

He was really active.  He had time to get a nice workout in today.

7 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

As long as you don't expect us to sign them, as we seem pretty content on doing nothing.

After this morning my expectations cant be any lower. I was just merely mentioning they should sign "somewhere" soon. I doubt to us.

26 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I am by no means an apologist.  I hate everything that has happened thus far.  I am not a fan of signing stopgap guys, but if we draft our QB early I can deal with it.  The rest of FA has been a nightmare.

I know man that’s why I said I wasn’t calling you out because we agree on most parts. 

I would love us to get a franchise qb in the draft (that’s the best case scenario) we would have him on a cheap deal for the next five years.

The problem I have is in doing that you MUST ensure you spend big money and go get a filthy o-line, top tier quality playmakers and a bruising running game.

We have seen us draft Sanchez, Geno and Hack with high picks the last 8/9 years and bar 2010 when we had Bray, Santonio, Keller, LT, Brad Smith and a very good o-line we never have looked after our young QBs and gave them every opportunity to succeed. 

Both Sanchez and Geno were thrown under the bus and god knows where Hack is and what he’s doing. 

If we brought in Allen Robinson/Sammy Watkins along with maybe a Tyler Eifert it would give us weapons. We then should of got the best two o-lineman in FA. This is setting the young qb well. 

Instead we’ve brought back McCown and signed an ‘average’ running back. My point is what’s the point in drafting a qb this year, next year, ten years from now if the system we put them in never changes. 

We are just setting them up for failure. Macc and Bowles are in their fourth offseason: the four key points to any team are qb, lt, cb and pass rusher. Why do we still have nobody in those positions that we can build around. Why have we if anything gone back?!?

They are not up to it and the sooner we break free from this god awful regime the better. 

Edited by xenajets

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I know man that’s why I said I wasn’t calling you out because we agree on most parts. 

I would love us to get a franchise qb in the draft (that’s the best case scenario) we would have him on a cheap deal for the next five years.

The problem I have is in doing that you MUST ensure you spend big money and go get a filthy o-line, top tier quality playmakers and a bruising running game.

We have seen us draft Sanchez, Geno and Hack with high picks the last 8/9 years and bar 2010 when we had Bray, Santonio, Keller, LT, Brad Smith and a very good o-line we never have looked after our young QBs and gave them every opportunity to succeed. 

Both Sanchez and Geno were threw under the bus and god knows where Hack is and what he’s doing. 

If we brought in Allen Robinson/Sammy Watkins along with maybe a Tyler Eifert it would give us weapons. We then should of got the best two o-lineman in FA. This is setting the young qb well. 

Instead we’ve brought back McCown and signed an ‘average’ running back. My point is what’s the point in drafting a qb this year, next year, ten years from now if the system we put them in never changes. 

Mad sre setting them up for failure. Macc and Bowles are in their fourth offseason: the four key points to any team are qb, lt, cb and pass rusher. Why do we still have nobody in those positions that we can build around. Why have we if anything gone back?!?

They are not up to it and the sooner we break free from this god awful regime the better. 

This x1000000

How do some of us not get this?

This is Year 4 with the 6th Pick

We should have at least some studs at important positions on O for our young QB but we have literally not ONE player

And this offseason with $90M was set up beautifully to round us out but NO

Idc how anyone spins it, this is an embarrassment 

Imagine having 4 years to do your job and making NO progress

• Like 1