FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Just now, NewAge said:

Sheldon, ASJ, Claiborne, and a nickel corner remaining?

Not sure resigning Sheldon is in the cards for us. Also may be looking elsewhere for a TE, whether it be Ebron trade, Eifert, draft, or other. 

Definitely going to sign a center and Claiborne still possible. Keep an eye out for a Tyrell Williams trade or a Cameron Meredith offer sheet. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Not sure resigning Sheldon is in the cards for us. Also may be looking elsewhere for a TE, whether it be Ebron trade, Eifert, draft, or other. 

Definitely going to sign a center and Claiborne still possible. Keep an eye out for a Tyrell Williams trade or a Cameron Meredith offer sheet. 

Yeah.. I have been wondering about Sheldon Richardson myself.  Anyway, if Maccagnan pulls a trade, it could be 4th round or later.  Which fits best?

Just now, JetsandI said:

Yeah.. I have been wondering about Sheldon Richardson myself.  Anyway, if Maccagnan pulls a trade, it could be 4th round or later.  Which fits best?

I'm just reading the terrain... the Jets have been interested on nearly every receiver on the open market, but unwilling to overpay (other than for Robinson). Getting a young yet experienced receiver like Tyrell Williams who is still under contract would be a quality addition. Meredith more of a question mark... has some talent, but only one season to show for and coming off an injury. 

12 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I'm just reading the terrain... the Jets have been interested on nearly every receiver on the open market, but unwilling to overpay (other than for Robinson). Getting a young yet experienced receiver like Tyrell Williams who is still under contract would be a quality addition. Meredith more of a question mark... has some talent, but only one season to show for and coming off an injury. 

I looked at Chargers' salary bs.  They are good to cover Willliams so zero chance to get him.  Meredith? Why not, Jets have nothing to lose except money.

13 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I’d be very much interested in Williams. I like his size and his ability on 50/50 balls. Meredith has a good skill set as well but is coming off injury and only has 1 good season like you stated. He’s more of a risk. I’d still Prefer Mathews to either of them. 

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

I looked at Chargers' salary bs.  They are good to cover Willliams so zero chance to get him.  Meredith? Why not, Jets have nothing to lose except money.

Would be less of a salary move and more of getting a pick sooner rather than later (comp) situation. Between Allen, Benjamin, and Mike Williams they have a pretty crowded receiving core. Wouldn't be surprised if they held onto him either, but a 4th round pick would tempt them. 

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Would be less of a salary move and more of getting a pick sooner rather than later (comp) situation. Between Allen, Benjamin, and Mike Williams they have a pretty crowded receiving core. Wouldn't be surprised if they held onto him either, but a 4th round pick would tempt them. 

I speak of MM's side.  Surely, Chargers love to pick up 2nd round comp but does MM mind about losing 2nd round for him?  That is problem.  MM has been hestiate to burn high picks for anything.

Do you suggest that Chargers have no problem dumping him?  That gives me a hope.

Edited by JetsandI