FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Love how FA is playing out so far. McCown will likely sit out of preseason again so we can see Bridgewater vs Rookie. I'm sure McCown's deal will be similar to this past year where he is paid per start. 

- If Teddy does well in the preseason and the rook needs to learn then Teddy is the starter with McCown as backup. 

- If Teddy and rook both look good then you trade Teddy for a team that lost their QB in preseason, likely recouping a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

- If Rookie looks good and Teddy can't return from injury then you can cut Teddy with almost no repercussions.

- If both Rookie and Teddy flop in preseason than McCown starts the season until he is inevitably injured and the rookie plays out the end of the year.

Wishlist for today - Long/Jensen, Honey Badger, Eifert, Claiborne, Attaochu

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Only RBs I wanted in FA were McKinnon and Crowell. Good to hear those were the 2 we targeted. I think we do something at WR, TE, OC and CB today. Might just be bringing back so if our own. But that’s not a bad thing.

What is the latest with AJS  I know the Saints were very interested ? Sure would love to get Tyler Eifert

Edited by doumeyer

Just now, doumeyer said:

What is the latest with AJS  I know the Saints were very interested in? Sure would love to get Tyler Eifert

We “apparently” offered a new deal to him this morning. But several other teams are interested. I really don’t want to overpay for him. I’m ok with overpaying the Johnson, Williamson’s in this class bc they deserve it. ASJ has done nothing to deserve it.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We “apparently” offered a new deal to him this morning. But several other teams are interested. I really don’t want to overpay for him. I’m ok with overpaying the Johnson, Williamson’s in this class bc they deserve it. ASJ has done nothing to deserve it.

If we can land ASJ for $6-7M it's worth it. (13th highest paid) I don't think it makes sense to open up a hole on offense especially if we won't be able spend all our cap this offseason. If my round about estimate is correct we should have ~$50M in cap which is more than enough to plug the rest of our holes.

edit* - I don't believe ASJ's stats are reflective of the value he presents this team. I like Eifert but he's only played in like 40 of 80 games, if the plan is to sign him I'm not sure he works out to be cheaper in the long run.

Edited by rdelaney89

2 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

If we can land ASJ for $6-7M it's worth it. (13th highest paid) I don't think it makes sense to open up a hole on offense especially if we won't be able spend all our cap this offseason. If my round about estimate is correct we should have ~$50M in cap which is more than enough to plug the rest of our holes.

That’s around the price I’d be ok with him at (a tad less). But let’s say we can get Ebron for a 5th Rounder... for me that’s a better player that’s still young that we can see for a year before having to pay. Just an example. There also Eifert. Huge risk. But might be worth it. We’ve shown to take risks on players.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s around the price I’d be ok with him at (a tad less). But let’s say we can get Ebron for a 5th Rounder... for me that’s a better player that’s still young that we can see for a year before having to pay. Just an example. There also Eifert. Huge risk. But might be worth it. We’ve shown to take risks on players.

I am done with ASJ, no separation, no YAC, no blocking, no hands.... not worth it.  I'd rather sign someone else or address it in the draft.  It is a deep TE class.

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yeah you are about ASJ, keep waiting for him to take the next step but it never happens, but he is great in the Red  Zone. For a guy who had great expectations, when Tampa, drafted him, he can't seem to be the big time player people though he would be. 

12 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Yeah you are about ASJ, keep waiting for him to take the next step but it never happens, but he is great in the Red  Zone. For a guy who had great expectations, when Tampa, drafted him, he can't seem to be the big time player people though he would be. 

He had 3 TDs that’s it.