FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Lot of hot taeks here my friend. 

1) Kirk Cousins top 10 in every major category the past 3 years...hes a top 10 QB, not borderline 12.

2) Team also hasn't drafted the QB position well, ever. We have 100 mil in cap space and a legit QB in his prime available. Way more of a sure thing than any QB in the draft.

3) The last is just a wild opinion, based off of what exactly, i dont know, Detroit has struggled to win regardless of stafford cap hit and our scenario right now is unique, something they never had. We have the ability to not only sign him but completely fix the holes on offense as well. 

Now in terms of not wanting to commit the money to him, I respect that, but it is way less of a gamble than anyone we draft. Despite what the experts say, watching film says...NOBODY is a sure thing. Cousins has a proven track record of very good QB play and is 29 years old. He will likely be the best QB that the franchise has ever had. 

1. I'd put Kirk at #11-12 if I was ranking QB's. I'm certainly not alone with that opinion. Many analysts agree with that including BT and Joe Caperoso. 

2. Paying Kirk the biggest contract ever to be a borderline top 10-12 guy isn't wise since he's not someone that is going to carry you. His old GM even said it last week.

3. Lions have struggled to win because they've had a middling roster with an overpaid QB and poor HC. We'd be in a similar position. 8-9 win team that isn't quite good enough.

3 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

1. I'd put Kirk at #11-12 if I was ranking QB's. I'm certainly not alone with that opinion. Many analysts agree with that including BT and Joe Caperoso. 

2. Paying Kirk the biggest contract ever to be a borderline top 10-12 guy isn't wise since he's not someone that is going to carry you. His old GM even said it last week.

3. Lions have struggled to win because they've had a middling roster with an overpaid QB and poor HC. We'd be in a similar position. 8-9 win team that isn't quite good enough.

100% agreed on all points. It’s simple to me, you don’t make a guy the #1 paid guy at his position if he isn’t top 5/can’t carry the team, which is the situation. I don’t want 8-9-10 wins, I want to win playoff games. If we’re talking about Wilson? Sign me up. But Cousins isn’t that type of player.

his W-L against winning teams in his career is bad. I don’t remember it exactly, and yes it’s a team sport, but it’s still bad.

• Like 1

As long as Jets are not another Saints, I am down.  Saints had been horrible when it came to salary cap with Brees on the roster. Overpaying defensive players without recognizing compatible skill had been brutal. As result of that, Saints have to add voidable years to several players.  It took Saints forever to get defense sound and legit.  Terrible.

8 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

Rodgers

Brady

Brees

Wentz

Wilson

Jimmy G

Stafford

Ben

Ryan

Watson

Kirk

Rivers

So I have Kirk #11. 

Out of that rank, Garoppolo and Cousins would make sense to Jets if Jets were in pursuit of top qb available as we know Jets have no shot at Brees.  Garoppolo is likely to be tagged as an exclusive franchise player.  That leaves Cousins. Is that wrong for Jets to try to land best available qb?

Edited by JetsandI

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

As long as Jets are not another Saints, I am down.  Saints had been horrible when it came to salary cap with Brees on the roster. Overpaying defensive players without recognizing compatible skill had been brutal. As result of that, Saints have to add voidable years to several players.  It took Saints forever to get defense sound and legit.  Terrible.

We also have a defensive head coach who struggles at producing on that side of the ball and needs all the help he can get, and a GM who’s drafts/moves have been “average” in every sense of the word.

Definitely don’t want to commit 30m+ in this situation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Out of that rank, Garoppolo and Cousins would make sense to Jets if Jets were in pursuit of top qb available as we know Jets have no shot at Brees.  Garoppolo is likely to be tagged as an exclusive franchise player.  That leaves Cousins. Is that wrong for Jets to try to land best available qb?

I was just ranking QB's but Cousins is best available. However, I want to use the draft.

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

We also have a defensive head coach who struggles at producing on that side of the ball and needs all the help he can get, and a GM who’s drafts/moves have been “average” in every sense of the word.

Definitely don’t want to commit 30m+ in this situation.

That is why I am upset about James Bettcher going to other side of the stadium. 

12 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

Rodgers

Brady

Brees

Wentz

Wilson

Jimmy G

Stafford

Ben

Ryan

Watson

Kirk

Rivers

So I have Kirk #11. 

You have Jimmy G and Watson ahead base on a hand full of starts...puh-lease and then you site Joey Cap whose a novice and kind of a clown. Your opinion is your opinion but how youre basing off of is absolutely hilarious.

2 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

I was just ranking QB's but Cousins is best available. However, I want to use the draft.

Since FA is the event prior to draft, we have no choice.  Jets need to think carefully about qb situation because other 31 teams know Jets are desperate at upgrading qb.  

Edited by JetsandI

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

You have Jimmy G and Watson ahead base on a hand full of starts...puh-lease and then you site Joey Cap whose a novice and kind of a clown. Your opinion is your opinion but how youre basing off of is absolutely hilarious.

Him picking JG and Watson shows that he has no problem with a rookie qb for Jets for the worst or the best.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Lmao! Ask any exec if they rather have Jimmy or Cousins. Lombardi himself said he'd take Jimmy easily. You're calling Joe a novice, but I think you're the novice if anything.