FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Im done with this. We arent going to agree what so ever. You think youre right, I think otherwise, this is going nowhere. Talk to me after they play a full year. If youre rihgt ill admit it, but until then i still think its absurd.

I said I didn't want to argue about it and you did exactly that. I prefaced it. Most people on JetNation agree with me.

2 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

I said I didn't want to argue about it and you did exactly that. I prefaced it. Most people on JetNation agree with me.

Too many on here just want the quick fix to win 9 games next year and then in 3 years will be like “omg how do we get out of Cousins contract!?”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

I think Mayfield will be better in 3 years and cheaper. Not next year. 

You also were a Hackenberg believer, no?

I’m absolutely not a Hack believer. I believe you can’t call a guy a failure if they haven’t played. That’s my stance on him. Until he plays a regular season game and looks bad. I don’t want to hear he’s awful. Based on what? Ore season snaps a year ago? That’s not enough for me. 

You know I’m not a Mayfield fan, but that’s not my point here. My point is any QB in this draft class is far fetched to be as good as Cousins is. In a league where Cousins can play for a good 5-10 more years... the need to “draft” a guy as the only way to get a franchise QB isn’t true this offseason. Guys like Cousins and even Bridgewater don’t hit FA often, so yes you have to overpay then bc this doesn’t happen often. But who cares if we have to overpay. We are starving for a good QB and will have 110mill in cap space. So overpaying him 5mill is nothing. Where as any QB we draft can just be awful.

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Too many on here just want the quick fix to win 9 games next year and then in 3 years will be like “omg how do we get out of Cousins contract!?”

EXACTLY!!!!! Thank you!!!!! Look, if we had a draft like the Saints did last year, I'd probably be cool w Cousins, but fact is we're weak at every major position.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I’m absolutely not a Havk believer. I believe you can’t call a guy a failure if they haven’t played. That’s my stance on him. Until he plays a regular season game and looks bad. I don’t want to hear he’s awful. Based on what? Ore season snaps a year ago? That’s not enough for me. 

You know I’m not a Mayfield fan, but that’s not my point here. My point is any QB inntyevdrafty class is far fetched to be as good as Cousins is. In a league where Cousins can play for a good 5-10 more years... the need to “draft” a guy as the only way to get a franchise QB isn’t true this offseason. Guys like Cousijsnand even Bridgewater don’t hit FA often, so yes you have to overpay then bc this doesn’t happen often. But who cares if we have to overoabed. We are starving for a good QB and will have 110mill in cap space. So overpaying him 5mill is nothing. Where as any QB we draft can just be awful.

Yeah but discrediting my opinion because I like Mayfield is a jab no matter how you slice it. 

Bridgewater is supremely overrated. And I like him. He's a really good game manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Thats cetainly a way to look at it, but this is also a unique situation. Weve never had the cap room like this, or the ability to sign a guy with his talent. Our draft position doesn't guarantee much either. There is a lot of variables. I dont see it as a quick fix more as a safer option. A

1 minute ago, K-Ro 25 said:

Yeah but discrediting my opinion because I like Mayfield is a jab no matter how you slice it. 

Bridgewater is supremely overrated. And I like him. He's a really good game manager.

I’ve stated several times that any QB in this draft is far fetched to be better than Cousins. Let me ask you this... how do you intend on us spending 70mill in cap space after keeping our own FAs? This is legitimate question. Bc this is a big reason on why we should 100% be in on Cousins. Bc we have a QB need and have to spend a ton of money. So if we don’t address QB in FA (resigning McCown isn’t addressing QB) I want to know how you think we spend that money. Keep in mind that Pretty much every big time FA will either be resigned or tagged. So explain how you think we spend 70mill?