FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Bowles started 5th round Shell and 4th round Burris. Give him a break.   If Stewart is not ready to run right routes don't rush him.

Both Stewart and Hansen were questionable for running right routes coming out of college. Bowles was right not to play them. You go ahead and cuss at Maccagnan for drafting them.

Edited by JetsandI

58 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not sure if this was mentioned, but per Ian Rapaport, Bortles is likely to return.  If so, one less suitor for Cousins. 

They committed to him once they clinched the playoffs.

What I don’t like about this FA class is so many options that can look like an answer that really aren’t (Foles, Keenum, Bradford, Smith) to name a few. I’m not pro bringing back McCown unless it means us not overpaying a guy like this band thinking they’re the answer for 5yrs.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

@.Buzzand @iPwn How do you guys think you guys handle Allen Robinson? Jets will be in te market for a WR and AR15 might come at a slight discount coming off injury. Do you think you guys plan on keeping him? After all you made it to the AFCCG without him.

Try for an extension and if one isn't reached he'll be tagged.

Don't think there's any real chance he's let go. 

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

They committed to him once they clinched the playoffs.

What I don’t like about this FA class is so many options that can look like an answer that really aren’t (Foles, Keenum, Bradford, Smith) to name a few. I’m not pro bringing back McCown unless it means us not overpaying a guy like this band thinking they’re the answer for 5yrs.

If we don't get Cousins, I think our three best options in no particular order are McCown, Teddy, or Tyrod (if he's cut). All three fit the offense Bates will run. All depends on price though. 

43 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Try for an extension and if one isn't reached he'll be tagged.

Don't think there's any real chance he's let go. 

That was what I heard late last week as well. Was just figuring I'd ask you guys who know more about it. Thank you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

If we don't get Cousins, I think our three best options in no particular order are McCown, Teddy, or Tyrod (if he's cut). All three fit the offense Bates will run. All depends on price though. 

I'm drawing a blank on Tyrod last year. Did he ever hit the market? And if he did... did we ever have any interest in him at all?

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm drawing a blank on Tyrod last year. Did he ever hit the market? And if he did... did we ever have any interest in him at all?

No he didn't they restructured his deal I believe as his cap number was something ludicrous if I remember right.