FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

23 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Apparently Eric Ebron is available for trade. I would like the Jets to go after him... we can easily afford his cap hit, turns 25 in April, and TEs notoriously take longer to develop than any other skill position in the league (outside QB). 

I feel like his career trajectory can replicate that of Greg Olsen, who was traded to Carolina after his 4th season in the league. Within 3 seasons, Olsen became one of the leagues best TEs. I’m not nearly as confident in ASJ, who outside of a few nice catches and a lot of receptions, didn’t show the kind of playmaking ability a guy like Ebron can provide.

I’d be all for this. Especially with ASJ wanting more than what he’s worth.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

With the way high priced vets have been traded, I would think a 5th can do it. Maybe our 4th for Ebron and a 6th. 

That sounds about right. Probably a 5th. I'd be cool with that. 

Kind of unfortunate we didn't get a chance to Leggett this year. I think he has potential. But we had to sure up the TE position.

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

Wowwwwwwwwwww

Poor guy

Between him, Gordon and Coleman they could actually have an insane WR corps.  Then if they actually draft Saquon at #1 and Njoku continues to develop..... all they have to do is hit on QB at 4 and their offense could be amazing.

• Like 1

Sooooo I think this is relevant. Last week my cousin (she's Josh Norman's PR rep) said Kirk Cousins would sign with the Browns because they'd give him the most money. I figured she just got that info from Josh, who may have been a little sour about how Kirk handled his time in WAS (DeAngelo Hall seemed to ecco that sentiment). I wonder if something is going on there... Ian Rapport tweeted Landry chose Cleveland because they "have a QB... and they will." 

Conor Orr also tweeted "2018 Browns" with Cousins listed as the possible starter... 

Edited by jetskid007

Just now, jetskid007 said:

Sooooo I think this is relevant. Last week my cousin (she's Josh Norman's PR rep) said Kirk Cousins would sign with the Browns because they'd give him the most money. I figured she just got that info from Josh, who may have been a little sour about how Kirk handled his time in WAS (DeAngelo Hall seemed to ecco that sentiment). I wonder if something is going on there... Ian Rapport tweeted Landry chose Cleveland because they "have a QB... and they will." 

Lord have mercy

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Wow if that's true and Cousins goes to CLE they are on the right path with all that young talent on offense.

Their O line isn't bad either.  Bet that makes Joe Thomas come back.  Then take Saquon at 1 and Nelson at 4.  All of a sudden their O is scary.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

5 years 82M for Evans.  Jets need to pony up for AR15.

I think I'd give Robinson a bit less than that.  Evans has had 4 straight 1000 yard years and 2 double digit TD years.  Also he is not coming off an ACL tear.  Evans contract shakes out to 16.4 per.  I'd happy give Robinson 14 per.

4 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I think I'd give Robinson a bit less than that.  Evans has had 4 straight 1000 yard years and 2 double digit TD years.  Also he is not coming off an ACL tear.  Evans contract shakes out to 16.4 per.  I'd happy give Robinson 14 per.

The Jeffrey contract is probably a good starting point .