FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

3 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

If the Jets fail to land Kirk Cousins – and they won't bow down to the Vikings without a fight and will put some very heavy and creative figures in front of the quarterback – then look for Josh McCown or Teddy Bridgewater to be their quarterback in 2018 as they develop a rookie at that position. But their intent to land Cousins could not be any higher. In addition to Lewis, the Jets are also keeping a strong eye on the linebacker market (Tennessee's Avery Williamson is viewed by many as the best of the inside backers) and cornerback market (Malcolm Butler is one name to watch), and New York very much wants to retain tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins. There will be plenty of competition to keep him, however, with the Seahawks and Falcons among those very interested …

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/expect-the-49ers-to-land-at-least-one-more-big-ticket-item-and-more-free-agency-notes/

Arg.  I am ok with some of this, but this team really needs to start consulting me.

TB & McCown are good options for us if we're planning to trade up for a QB. I have to go with TB because of the chance him & the rookie could turn out to be good and we can trade TB for a great pick. At the same time, I think McCown could be great for any of the top 4 or 5 QBs. 

34 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

gross.  He turns 28 right when the year starts.  Are we allergic to young RB's with tread left on the tire?

While I agree that we should be targeting younger guys, it's not like Lewis has been run into the ground. As far as tread goes, he'll be a young 28. Needless to say I think it's a smoke screen, I think that's why it's all quiet on the Robinson front.

11 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

While I agree that we should be targeting younger guys, it's not like Lewis has been run into the ground. As far as tread goes, he'll be a young 28. Needless to say I think it's a smoke screen, I think that's why it's all quiet on the Robinson front.

Lewis is only light on touches because he missed so much time due to injury.  He missed 2 entire seasons, his stats go from 2012 to 2015 because of straight up injuries...... awesome.

I was thinking about o-line and I really think we might try to replace Carp, Johnson, and even Shell. Obviously we'll get a center. Carp and Shell are awful ZBS fits. I could see us adding Richburg, an FA guard (hopefully Pugh), and targeting Kolton Miller or Brian O'Neill in the 2nd to start RT and take over at LT in a year or two.