FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

10 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

You mean he’s not salivating at the idea of being reunited with Hack?

I know you’re kidding. But wouldn’t surprise me if he came here if Hack has something to do with it. From an insight to the coaching staff and all standpoint.

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

I was thinking about o-line and I really think we might try to replace Carp, Johnson, and even Shell. Obviously we'll get a center. Carp and Shell are awful ZBS fits. I could see us adding Richburg, an FA guard (hopefully Pugh), and targeting Kolton Miller or Brian O'Neill in the 2nd to start RT and take over at LT in a year or two.

C in FA and LG in the draft imo. I would draft a few because Winters may not be here past 2018 either. 

As for RT, I think they'll upgrade if there is a legitimate option available, but they should feel pretty good about Shell entering year 3. He's best fit for the ZBS and was overall fairly consistent last year despite being banged up. I think he'll solidify his status as a rock-solid starting RT this year if given the opportunity. There's a lot to like about his game. 

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

C in FA and LG in the draft imo. I would draft a few because Winters may not be here past 2018 either. 

As for RT, I think they'll upgrade if there is a legitimate option available, but they should feel pretty good about Shell entering year 3. He's best fit for the ZBS and was overall fairly consistent last year despite being banged up. I think he'll solidify his status as a rock-solid starting RT this year if given the opportunity. There's a lot to like about his game. 

Disagree in terms of consistency. With that said, why do you think his best fit is a ZBS?  He’s a good athlete for his size, but still very slow out of his stance and has poor footwork. 

• Like 1

While I like Shell and agree he could turn into a rock solid RT, I don’t think he’s an especially good fit for a ZBS (don’t think he’s a terrible fit either, he’s certainly not a road grader). I think the Jets will wait and see how he does in it this year and reassess next off-season.

29 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Disagree in terms of consistency. With that said, why do you think his best fit is a ZBS?  He’s a good athlete for his size, but still very slow out of his stance and has poor footwork. 

I think his issues are mechanical and will continue to improve. I like him in the ZBS because he's not nearly as strong as his size would indicate but is more naturally athletic and fleeet. Kind of like Daryl Williams/Doug Free/Demar Dotson, when it all clicks from a mental standpoint and he's able to mirror his mind with his feet, he'll be rock-solid, above average starter. 

• Like 1

@jetskid007

What are your thoughts on Winters as a ZBS fit? Sounds like you think his days are numbered in NY.

I personally think he’s a much better fit for a ZBS. He’s not the strongest at the POA but has always seemed like an above average athlete for a guard.

Edited by BlaZeN37

4 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

@jetskid007

What are your thoughts on Winters as a ZBS fit? Sounds like you think his days are numbered in NY.

It's more about money. He's a better zone blocker than man, but question will be whether he'll be worth $6.5M with no guarantees past this year. He'll have to play very well to keep his spot. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

@jetskid007

I personally think he’s a much better fit for a ZBS. He’s not the strongest at the POA but has always seemed like an above average athlete for a guard.

Ya i think his best fit is probably ZBS.  He just isn't powerful enough for a man scheme, but he has the movement skills for ZBS i think.

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we will offer the most money for AR15 but with no QB he chooses elsewhere.

That is one of my big worries also, I am sure the same thing goes for Cousins with the Jets current talent. For the last several years we drafted QB's Geno Smith, Mark Sanchez, Petty,& Hack all have failed. Hack is still work in progress. We have money the big question do top players want to come here. All we can do now is sit and sweat this whole thing out. It is going to be a long three days for all of us.

Edited by doumeyer

8 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I think his issues are mechanical and will continue to improve. I like him in the ZBS because he's not nearly as strong as his size would indicate but is more naturally athletic and fleeet. Kind of like Daryl Williams/Doug Free/Demar Dotson, when it all clicks from a mental standpoint and he's able to mirror his mind with his feet, he'll be rock-solid, above average starter. 

I hope you’re right bud because our o-line is hurting