NY Jets Extend GM and HC

The Gnat

4 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Perhaps, but so is hopping back on the coaching carosel immediately.

+1. Bowles is solid coach and the crop of head coach talent isnt what it was last year in my eyes. If they can get some talent on offense, they have building blocks on defense to continue to improve.

Bravo Jets ownership

Mac has been getting team friendly deals. That's certainly a positive. I do not feel strongly for or against a signing. I'm just disappointed that after all this time for a talented DL there still isn't anyone that can consistently sack the QB.

5 hours ago, riceman80 said:

+1. Bowles is solid coach and the crop of head coach talent isnt what it was last year in my eyes. If they can get some talent on offense, they have building blocks on defense to continue to improve.

Bravo Jets ownership

Pretty much.  We need to bulk up our o-line,  add a weapon, and find a QB somehow.  On D, just add a starter or two and the D should be very good for years to come.  The D is very young and as you mentioned, we have building blocks.

I can understand for Bowles but the GM ? His 2015 draft was awful (except for Leo ). 2016 : Lee is not bad, Jenkins a nice pick in the 3rd, Shell, well in the 5th okay. The rest ? 2017 : Looks better, not only the first two picks. Hope he can stay on that curve 16 better than 15, 17 better than 16 etc

8 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

I can understand for Bowles but the GM ? His 2015 draft was awful (except for Leo ). 2016 : Lee is not bad, Jenkins a nice pick in the 3rd, Shell, well in the 5th okay. The rest ? 2017 : Looks better, not only the first two picks. Hope he can stay on that curve 16 better than 15, 17 better than 16 etc

Mac's been very underwhelming.  His FA signings haven't been great as well, but by firing him, you'd make Bowles a lame-duck coach next year.  For all of Bowles' flaws, he's done a very good job this year.  

Archived