Ever use Expedia/Travelocity etc to travel?

JaguarCrazy2832

Hey guys, I'm trying to book a flight/hotel/rental car to go to the Jaguars game and see that there are some decent prices on these booking sites as a bundle deal. Does anyone have any experience with using these booking sites? Is there some sort of scam or fine print that I'm not aware of? Dont want to spend a lot of money and wind up with some giant surprise. Any information on the subject would be helpful. 

Orbitz is the only one I know of that had something shady going on. The rest are usually fine. Airlines have started offering better prices than 3rd party sites though, and you can usually get a rental car deal when you book a flight. 

For hotels I've had the best luck with Booking and Hotels. For rental cars, Hotwire usually has crazy deals as long as you don't like a particular company. 

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I use Expedia, the app specifically.

Their rewards program saves me about $200-250 per year and I can still use my credit card and accumulate/redeem points there in combination.

I never travel so the points dont matter unless they last forever but glad to hear someone has used it.

So i assume I’d pick up the car at the airport?

Be careful with hotwire. I booked a hotel, then after I confirmed/paid, it was the same chain at a different location. I'm 100% certain that I just didn't pick the wrong one.

I tried to cancel and book the correct one but they wouldn't do it. The next day, the hotel chain said that since I checked in, I couldn't get refunded. The thing is, I never checked in. I asked for the receipt that you sign upon check-in and they were never able to provide one. I tried to file a fraudulent claim on my credit card but to no avail.

This seems like a freak thing. Still, I won't use them again.

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I never travel so the points dont matter unless they last forever but glad to hear someone has used it.

So i assume I’d pick up the car at the airport?

The points last indefinitely I think as long as you book something like once every 18 months or something.

You pick up the car at the airport just like you had if you book directly with the car rental agency.

If you use the app it keeps all of your trip info for you and you can change/cancel reservations from their too. Once you put your credit card info into the app, it takes roughly 10 seconds to book something once you figure out which hotel/flight/car you want.

For the last few years we’ve been traveling about 30 nights/year and I’ve never had any issues at all.  I’ve book a couple rental cars and flights as well and they were easy too. 

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The points last indefinitely I think as long as you book something like once every 18 months or something.

You pick up the car at the airport just like you had if you book directly with the car rental agency.

If you use the app it keeps all of your trip info for you and you can change/cancel reservations from their too. Once you put your credit card info into the app, it takes roughly 10 seconds to book something once you figure out which hotel/flight/car you want.

For the last few years we’ve been traveling about 30 nights/year and I’ve never had any issues at all.  I’ve book a couple rental cars and flights as well and they were easy too. 

Okay thanks. I’ll give it a go and hope it works out

Archived