Should Jamal Agnew Become A Slot WR?

Just Want A Title

Jamal Agnew has been a revelation as a kick returner.  He is listed as a CB but with his speed and shiftiness I think he would make an awesome slot WR.  His speed would create serious mismatches with most slot CBs and most edge CBs.  His speed would be a problem for just about any safety.  I would love to see this happen.  Thoughts?

We have no idea what he offers as a defensive back yet, and we also have no idea if he'd be able to run effective routes. Right now he does one thing on offense: go in motion and either take a handoff, decoy taking a handoff, or run directly into the flat for a pass. His speed and athleticism won't help him at slot WR if he can't run routes and grasp the offense.

I'd be just as happy to see him worked into the DB rotation as a nickel or dime back. Diggs will probably stay at safety, so another athletic CB is definitely needed.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:48 AM, Nnivolcm said:

Historically, it always seems that once these dynamic returners start playing significant time on offense, they always seem to lose their effectiveness as a returner. Agnew is a dynamic weapon as a return man. I'd like him to stay that way.

I agree with this.

It's like if you use a kitchen knife for everything... it dulls out and can't cut meat well anymore... >:( Keep him sharp and effective as a returner where he can MOSTLY effect the out come of a game vs just being one of many WR's who depend on targets for effectiveness, especially slot WR which every WR/TE/RB on this roster could play.

Archived