Giants to pick #2 in 2018 NFL Draft

Acgott

1 minute ago, Gmen19851 said:

I'm sure I'll get killed for this, but the idea of trading back to say 5 or 6 and taking Baker Mayfield is becoming more and more intriguing by the day

I'd be fine with that. Would also be happy with Nelson or Chubb at the spot.

8 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

I'm sure I'll get killed for this, but the idea of trading back to say 5 or 6 and taking Baker Mayfield is becoming more and more intriguing by the day

I don’t think Mayfield is gonna go as high as you guys think. NFL teams are gonna be hesitant. With that being said, all it takes is one.

24 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

This would be very ill advised. If you like a guy at 5, take him at 2. I'm definitely not willing to risk another Leonard Floyd situation, especially with a couple of teams looking to trade up for QBs. If Baker is our guy, just take him at 2. 

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

This would be very ill advised. If you like a guy at 5, take him at 2. I'm definitely not willing to risk another Leonard Floyd situation, especially with a couple of teams looking to trade up for QBs. If Baker is our guy, just take him at 2. 

I can agree with that logic.  However, I do think that was a unique situation because everyone in the world knew that our top two targets that year were Conklin and Floyd.  I have a feeling there is going to be a ton of movement in the top 5 this year, and it will look very different than it currently does.  My mayfield statement was more of a generic statement, but we'd obviously have to see how the top of the draft plays out and see what offers would be available because its not a straight swap.  If Darnold is really our number 1 target and goes first overall we could have a complicated decision to make.  It may turn into making a decision between Rosen/Allen at 2 or Mayfield + picks at 5.  Again, we'll see, but I think this could really by one of the most hectic, but most interesting top5-10 picks in the draft in a long time. 

6 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

I can agree with that logic.  However, I do think that was a unique situation because everyone in the world knew that our top two targets that year were Conklin and Floyd.  I have a feeling there is going to be a ton of movement in the top 5 this year, and it will look very different than it currently does.  My mayfield statement was more of a generic statement, but we'd obviously have to see how the top of the draft plays out and see what offers would be available because its not a straight swap.  If Darnold is really our number 1 target and goes first overall we could have a complicated decision to make.  It may turn into making a decision between Rosen/Allen at 2 or Mayfield + picks at 5.  Again, we'll see, but I think this could really by one of the most hectic, but most interesting top5-10 picks in the draft in a long time. 

I don't think Gettleman is sold at QB at 2. I think he just wants the best player he cam get that he can build around. This team needs a lot of help, talent wise. If your favorite QB is gone and you aren't sold on another, no reason to reach. Take Barkley or Nelson and be set at RB or LG for the next 5 years on the cheap. 

19 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I don't think Gettleman is sold at QB at 2. I think he just wants the best player he cam get that he can build around. This team needs a lot of help, talent wise. If your favorite QB is gone and you aren't sold on another, no reason to reach. Take Barkley or Nelson and be set at RB or LG for the next 5 years on the cheap. 

Isn't it possible that your second QB can be considered a reach at 2, but not at 6?   Especially when considering you'd get other assets in a trade back?

13 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

Isn't it possible that your second QB can be considered a reach at 2, but not at 6?   Especially when considering you'd get other assets in a trade back?

Yes, but the risk is too great that he won't be there. Especially if we are trading back with Denver at 5 or the Jets at 6, both of whom reportedly love Mayfield. 

On 3/15/2018 at 7:49 PM, Kip Smithers said:

We have quite a number of holes, if we sure up the line then it’s hides those deficiencies as Dallas did. That’s why I’m clamouring for The Nelson pick. And it makes thing easier for Eli and our next QB.

#Eason/Tua/Fromm2020

Also if we don't trade back I hope we still take Nelson. 

The Jets just traded up to 3. NOW a trade down becomes interesting. #2 just became the most coveted spot in the draft. Teams like the Bills, Cardinals, and Broncos are going to be looking to move up to 2 to get a QB. And if that happens, we will not only get a kings ransom, but know for sure that the first 3 picks are all QBs. A trade back to 5 with the Broncos will give us a buttload of picks as well as guarantee us whatever one of Barkley/Nelson the Browns don't take at 4. 

Im all on board the trade down bandwagon now. This is huge news. 

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

The Jets just traded up to 3. NOW a trade down becomes interesting. #2 just became the most coveted spot in the draft. Teams like the Bills, Cardinals, and Broncos are going to be looking to move up to 2 to get a QB. And if that happens, we will not only get a kings ransom, but know for sure that the first 3 picks are all QBs. A trade back to 5 with the Broncos will give us a buttload of picks as well as guarantee us whatever one of Barkley/Nelson the Browns don't take at 4. 

Im all on board the trade down bandwagon now. This is huge news. 

Don't forget about Chubb. I would happily take him at 5. Remember this is a deep draft for interior o-line and and even DEEPER draft for RB's. With all those extra 2nd/3rd rounders we could EASILY get an Isaiah Wynn/Will Hernandez and then grab a Ronald Jones/Rashaad Perry.

3 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

I don't even think its a question that we trade down at this point.  What do you think we could get from denver to move down to 5?  If we could get a 1 and 2 in 2018 and a 1 in 2019 I'd do that tomorrow

No rush for anything. We are in an amazing position. Let the other teams continue to bid against each other.

Archived