Kirk Cousins and what does he give us?

mar29020

28 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Pick a side Dashing. 

He is more hot than cold. He has 3 consecutive season of over 4k yards passing. He has done it on one year prove it deals. His only kryptonite seems to be the Giants. Injured key players for this year and he still improved his TD:INT ratio. Smart. Classy. Charismatic. Really like the guy. Want him to succeed and win even if not here. But would rather him be here with Jay. 

I Don't care if he leaves to be honest with you .

Actually, they were not considering benching Keenum because he has been moving the offense. You will not see Bridgewater this season and probably not after this season. If he was that good, then they would have benched Keenum when he came back. 

20 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Actually, they were not considering benching Keenum because he has been moving the offense. You will not see Bridgewater this season and probably not after this season. If he was that good, then they would have benched Keenum when he came back. 

I think your underestimating him he has potential . I don't see why he wouldn't have a career year here . I'm actually wowed by kirks 27 touchdown I mean I just don't think he plays like his stats do . 

Thats just me but I do know us redskins fans love to overrate our quarterbacks . Campbell - Ramsey- rg3 -cousins .

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

I think your underestimating him he has potential . I don't see why he wouldn't have a career year here . I'm actually wowed by kirks 27 touchdown I mean I just don't think he plays like his stats do . 

Thats just me but I do know us redskins fans love to overrate our quarterbacks . Campbell - Ramsey- rg3 -cousins .

Campbell, Ramsey, and RGIII. 

Campbell was a desparate pick considering we had just missed out on Aaron Rodgers. 

Ramsey - well he was a pick during the Spurrier era. 

RGIII - we know about him. 

Cousins is the only one that couldn't have been overrated as a 4th round pick. If anything that shows that he was highly underrated and should have gone higher. 

25 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Campbell was a desparate pick considering we had just missed out on Aaron Rodgers. 

Cousins is the only one that couldn't have been overrated as a 4th round pick. If anything that shows that he was highly underrated and should have gone higher. 

I can't disagree . 

53 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Gibbs wanted Jason Campbell, he thought he was going to be the next Doug Williams. If Gibbs had loved Aaron Rodgers he would have taken him at 10. 

Spurier didn’t want Ramsey, that was a Snyder/Cerrato pick. Snyder loved his big arm and thought he could be like Mark Rypien but he didn’t fit in Spurier’s fun-n-gun offense.

Definitely agree about Cousins and I’ll just say it’s going to be a damn shame if he’s gone. As Gruden says, Kirk keeps getting better but still has a lot of room to grow - as does this entire Young passing offense - and I’d rather see Kirk continue to develop here than to be playing in the playoffs next year in Denver or somewhere else.

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Bridgewater was very average and was aided by having Adrian Peterson to hand off to since he came into the league and they’ve had an elite defense to support that offense since Zimmer was hired.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Gibbs wanted Jason Campbell, he thought he was going to be the next Doug Williams. If Gibbs had loved Aaron Rodgers he would have taken him at 10. 

Spurier didn’t want Ramsey, that was a Snyder/Cerrato pick. Snyder loved his big arm and thought he could be like Mark Rypien but he didn’t fit in Spurier’s fun-n-gun offense.

Definitely agree about Cousins and I’ll just say it’s going to be a damn shame if he’s gone. As Gruden says, Kirk keeps getting better but still has a lot of room to grow - as does this entire Young passing offense - and I’d rather see Kirk continue to develop here than to be playing in the playoffs next year in Denver or somewhere else.

Yet we traded up to get Campbell right after Rodgers went at 24. They absolutely felt they were going to get Rodgers at 25. When Green Bay took him, the Redskins brass panicked. They couldn't go into the season with Brunell and no young gun behind him. 

24 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Yet we traded up to get Campbell right after Rodgers went at 24. They absolutely felt they were going to get Rodgers at 25. When Green Bay took him, the Redskins brass panicked. They couldn't go into the season with Brunell and no young gun behind him. 

I used to think that as well but someone told me different. I can’t remember where I heard it but I think it was one of the beat reporters or ex-players who said it.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Bridgewater was very average and was aided by having Adrian Peterson to hand off to since he came into the league and they’ve had an elite defense to support that offense since Zimmer was hired.

Right bridgewater was a scrub that's why fans kept saying season was over last year when he got injured .

but you know he didn't manage the game well . He didn't make some really good accurate passes .He isn't smart at all he's trash .

he has no potential but McCoy does .

he didn't lead the Vikings to a game winning FG in 2015 at all , he missed the kick .

yea omg he can't step in the pocket or has no heart for the game .

hes trash dude just like people thought keenum was trash .

bridgewater was handcuffed with the Vikings . It's obvious that offense was groomed for just AP. So your telling me Teddy in a full year on the redskins isn't able to have a career year ? . I feel like this scheme is perfect for him .

sign him cheap .. draft maybe a late round qb . Invest on the D on NT/FS/ILB and find a RB . If he doesn't work out than ok fire Gruden next offseason and get a new head coach and than draft a qb . Atleast we will have a more captible roster . We should trade back and address a few needs .

Our O can score 30 but we all know truly why we aren't 11-5 .

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

Campbell wasn't a desperate pick and we didn't miss out on Rodgers. The Redskins went to Auburn to see Carlos Rogers pro day and that's where Gibbs fell in love with Jason Campbell. They made the trade with Denver so they could draft Campbell. They were never going to draft Aaron Rodgers. 

I don't understand why people keep saying we missed out on him when if they really wanted him they could've just took him at 9? They never wanted Aaron Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

None of this is true. Rodgers was never on their radar. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Why do people keep saying he gets better than better. You think he was better than 2015 and 2016 ?.

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

Gibbs made the trade up days before the draft.  We weren’t targeting Rodgers everyone thought he’d be gone in the top 5 picks.

Archived