Who Should I Keep?: Post Your Keeper Questions here.

EaglesPeteC

5 minutes ago, Madridista said:

12 and yes. I already submitted Diggs but could change for the next couple days. QBs tend to go earlier in this league, fyi

I'm not crazy about either tbh. I probably would take Diggs though. There are so many QBs out there that can put up similar stats to Mariota who didnt have a good fantasy season

18 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm not crazy about either tbh. I probably would take Diggs though. There are so many QBs out there that can put up similar stats to Mariota who didnt have a good fantasy season

Guess I could do Josh Gordon as well for a 10th rounder

On 8/17/2018 at 7:30 AM, Forge said:

I think so too. I'm not as high on hunt this year, but seems the safer play

I don’t like Hunt at all this year. Feel like Ware takes some of those touches away. Last year Hunt had like 80-90% of the teams carries. That’s an insane amount and it won’t be replicated. 

Id keep Hopkins honestly. 

Just now, MightyMouse07 said:

I don’t like Hunt at all this year. Feel like Ware takes some of those touches away. Last year Hunt had like 80-90% of the teams carries. That’s an insane amount and it won’t be replicated. 

Id keep Hopkins honestly. 

Even at the risk of having to go 0 rb? 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sometimes it’s better to zig while everyone zags. If your league is overvaluing these RBs, then you can keep Hopkins and go heavy WR right now and grab some of the later guys who might be solid like Lynch Burkhead CThompson etc. 

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

To add on, you could even go McCaffrey/Mixon around he turn. Having those two plus Hopkins looks real good. Then at QB grab some guys like Rivers and Alex Smith over the course of the next 4-6 rounds.

Just now, MightyMouse07 said:

To add on, you could even go McCaffrey/Mixon around he turn. Having those two plus Hopkins looks real good. Then at QB grab some guys like Rivers and Alex Smith over the course of the next 4-6 rounds.

Yeah, I'm struggling with the idea of keeping Hunt. I'm just not a huge fan. Thomas I think I can get in the back end of round 1 if I'm drafting there, so I don't think that there's a reason to keep him. I'm just trying to lay out the gameplan since the Keeper has to be done before the draft. Hopkins + Beckham / Thomas in round 1 maybe, on the turn grab McCaffrey, in round 3 hope that someone like McKinnon falls there. I mean, in a full PPR league, it's not the worst thing ever if I end up with Hopkins + OBJ + Michael Thomas which I actually think is very possible. Yes, I'll lack some running backs, but the swing around in #3 could still potentially leave me McKinnon, Mixon (I would doubt this if only because everyone in this league is a Bengals fan living in Cincy lol) and some other meh type starters. 

Damn, really going to have to think on this. 

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I'm struggling with the idea of keeping Hunt. I'm just not a huge fan. Thomas I think I can get in the back end of round 1 if I'm drafting there, so I don't think that there's a reason to keep him. I'm just trying to lay out the gameplan since the Keeper has to be done before the draft. Hopkins + Beckham / Thomas in round 1 maybe, on the turn grab McCaffrey, in round 3 hope that someone like McKinnon falls there. I mean, in a full PPR league, it's not the worst thing ever if I end up with Hopkins + OBJ + Michael Thomas which I actually think is very possible. Yes, I'll lack some running backs, but the swing around in #3 could still potentially leave me McKinnon, Mixon (I would doubt this if only because everyone in this league is a Bengals fan living in Cincy lol) and some other meh type starters. 

I think going Hopkins OBJ and McCaffrey and then grabbing a RB/QB on that next turn would be fine. Like I said there is lots of talent available like an Ingram or Lynch in that 5/6/7 round range. I’m personally avoiding a lot of middle tiered RBs in drafts. I don’t want to touch the guys that are coming off the board in the 3, 4, and 5 rounds. I like a lot of the guys being drafted just behind that. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

How is it possible that everyone keeps someone and yet you could wind up with a combo of ODB/Thomas/McCaffrey. In full point PPR, McCaffrey and Thomas are rated even higher than in standard leagues

44 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How is it possible that everyone keeps someone and yet you could wind up with a combo of ODB/Thomas/McCaffrey. In full point PPR, McCaffrey and Thomas are rated even higher than in standard leagues

Obj not on a team, can't be kept. He'll be in the draft. Same with cook and Rodgers.  Not sure how high obj would go. May be gone before I pick. If I keep Hopkins, obj or Thomas could be available at the end of round one / start of round two depending on the draft (Thomas highly likely to be there at 1 in my opinion). McCaffrey is a lock to be there in the second. Only a ten team league. So that would give me Hopkins / Thomas / mccaffrey. It's also a two qb league at six points so QBs in the first had been done before. Also, everyone in this league but me lives in Cincy and are Bengals fans. Green and Mixon likely to be overdrafted. Particularly green

If I kept Hopkins, I could go Thomas at 1 and McCaffrey at two pretty easily I think, even if I draft last. Obj probably more iffy, but with a couple QBs getting picked, it could be done.

The worst case scenarios I figure is with me drafting dead last would be this:

Draft goes with a top 9 of: Zeke/DJ, Gurley/Bell, Kamara/ Brown, OBJ, Hunt/Hopkins, Barkley. That's 6 of the 9 picks ahead of me. The absolute worst thing that would happen would if the other three would be: Thomas, Cook and Gordon if he's not kept, or McCaffrey I suppose if Gordon is kept (though again, very much doubt this happens - more likely this would be Green). That would leave me in a pickle. I'd have one stout receiver, but then you're next best available for draft at running back is Freeman / Howard / Mixon (if he's not kept - that dude's team is really bad, so it's a viable keeper option) which is just too much of a reach for me. Best receivers available are AJ Green, Adams and Allen (if he's not kept). That's a really bad scenario. I suppose in that instance, I may even do a complete 180  and just go something like Rodgers and Brady or something. 6 points per passing touchdown and a 2 qb league with a high negative impact for interceptions, that's about the apex of the position there. It's not ideal, but it'd put up points. 

4 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I would not take Brady. Give me Russell Wilson as a Top 2 QB this year. Weak defense. Russ is gonna have to put the team on his back. Brady slowed down significantly towards the end of last year. 

I agree with the bolded but losing Graham and Richardson to free agency, still having a terrible OL and now his best and most proven asset in Doug Baldwin hurting, I'd be a little worried to spend the pick I need to get him. If you told me Baldwin was 100% and ready to go, I'd take Russell over Brady

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree with the bolded but losing Graham and Richardson to free agency, still having a terrible OL and now his best and most proven asset in Doug Baldwin hurting, I'd be a little worried to spend the pick I need to get him. If you told me Baldwin was 100% and ready to go, I'd take Russell over Brady

Russ just finds ways to get it done. He hasn’t had impressive receiving cores before and still does it. Somehow each year he finishes as a top 3 QB. I trust him fully to keep that up. They are going to be playing so much catch up. He has already played behind a crap line for years and still produced. Yes he lost some guys like Graham and Richardson but he still has some weapons and is just such a threat to run and rack up points that way. 

I don’t even have Brady as a top 6 QB. Look at the boom or bust stuff done by fantasy pros on QBs. Brady only finished as a QB1 in 50% of the games he played last year. Russel finished top 5 in 50% of the games and as a QB1 in 68% of the games. 

Archived