College Football Playoffs

OttoGrahamsGhost

1 minute ago, hornbybrown said:

The angles they take and the reads they make are no lie the worst I have ever seen. Even in that Chubb TD just now number 11 just ran straight into a blocked instead of getting in a spot to make a tackle if Chubb broke through, which is exactly what he did

It’s okay if a MIKE or SAM doesn’t make a big play and it’s even okay (and expected) if they give up some yards. However, these guys are NOT reading their keys and they’re creating huge holes.

Just now, candyman93 said:

It’s okay if a MIKE or SAM doesn’t make a big play and it’s even okay (and expected) if they give up some yards. However, these guys are NOT reading their keys and they’re creating huge holes.

Yeah it’s not the missed tackles that bothers me but the bad reads!!!

I went into this game concerned that the vast majority of Mayfield's positive plays came under no pressure and throws to wide open receivers, as well as a ton of bubbles, gadgets and funky formations to get major yards after catch.

I wanted to see if he could adjust to a fierce pass rush and tight coverage. Maybe a few hot reads. Quick progressions and some stick throws, slants, outs, back shoulders.

Even with Darnold being rocked by pressure, we saw a good number of those elite pro throws to the sideline etc.

Not yet seen that from Mayfield today.

Archived