Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

24 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Apparently Ball has basically been running things for the last 2 years. That would explain a lot if true. Again, second hand but seems to fit because that's further reason why MM and or AR would be pissed. 

That would make sense then why Mac and QB1 would be not happy with Ball as the official GM. Ball gets the GM position we might be in for a whole lot of drama that this team does not need. At this point, I'm good with anyone but Ball since it seems like Ball as GM will run our HC and possibly the QB out of town. 

Honestly not liking how any of this has played so far. 

Just now, Ketchup said:

Me neither.  The only thing that's worse is how some people are too busy celebrating the departure of a steady GM to realize that his replacement might see the departure of an all-time great QB.

This crap is just stressful and not fun for me.  I am now terrified it will be Ball when just a week ago I was hoping it would be Ball. 

6 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

That would make sense then why Mac and QB1 would be not happy with Ball as the official GM. Ball gets the GM position we might be in for a whole lot of drama that this team does not need. At this point, I'm good with anyone but Ball since it seems like Ball as GM will run our HC and possibly the QB out of town. 

Listening to some Wilde podcasts and apparently more than one or two reporters didn't have the balls to print what McGinn did just because they didn't have facts to back it, but they all thought it to be true. A lot of this stuff has been brewing apparently

Just thinking, and maybe I'm just missing the easy answer, but how is it that McCarthy would be able to just leave GB if Ball is hired? Wouldn't he be in breach of his contract? Or is he betting on Murphy and/or Ball just letting him out of his contract to be rid of the headache? Just seems like a big mess that could be easily avoided by hiring just about anyone else. If it goes this way, Murphy and Ball will have a ton of pressure to prove it was worth losing Mac and potentially Rodgers, although I suspect Rodgers would be forced to suck it up as he's still under contract and GB could tag him once that contract is up. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If hiring Ball forces Rodgers and Mac out, that's the end of Murphy right? That's inexcusable.

I dunno .. it's supposed to be players play .. coaches coach. Sounds like McCarthy is doing way too much politicking for roster control or something.  I wouldn't be all that unhappy if he was forced out, although I'd rather make most everyone happy and go with a real, sure fire gm like Schneider.  He's legit. All of our in house guys are unproven.   As for Rodgers he can't really go anywhere .. and he's not the type to try and force his way out either. 

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If hiring Ball forces Rodgers and Mac out, that's the end of Murphy right? That's inexcusable.

Supposedly MM is involved in the interview process, so how is that interview going to go ? Why does that interview even happen. LIS earlier as much stuff that is coming out, there is still probably more going on behind the scenes. It's actually unbelievable in some ways

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I dunno .. it's supposed to be players play .. coaches coach. Sounds like McCarthy is doing way too much politicking for roster control or something.  I wouldn't be all that unhappy if he was forced out, although I'd rather make most everyone happy and go with a real, sure fire gm like Schneider.  He's legit. All of our in house guys are unproven. 

Mac and Aaron are on a similar time line and are probably pushing for a more aggressive approach. More like what Denver did.

I'm sure Ball/Murphy being finance guys first off don't want to deal with potential dead cap ramifications of bringing guys in and departing with them after the end of Aaron. Also leaves us in a rebuild situation afterward which isn't good for the bottom line either.

The approach Mac and Aaron want isn't the best for team building and long term success, but is the best for building the best 53 for the next few years. 

Personally, we don't know how long we have Aaron left, and it would be foolish to not go all in every year here on out that we have him.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Mac and Aaron are on a similar time line and are probably pushing for a more aggressive approach. More like what Denver did.

I'm sure Ball/Murphy being finance guys first off don't want to deal with potential dead cap ramifications of bringing guys in and departing with them after the end of Aaron. Also leaves us in a rebuild situation afterward which isn't good for the bottom line either.

The approach Mac and Aaron want isn't the best for team building and long term success, but is the best for building the best 53 for the next few years. 

Personally, we don't know how long we have Aaron left, and it would be foolish to not go all in every year here on out that we have him.

I thought the front office did a great job this off-season in bringing in veteran talent .. seems like McCarthy lost sight of that. There was a definite shift this past off-season.  It just didn't work out due mainly to mass injuries. 

7 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Nope.

Ted missed the playoffs 4 times in 13 years.

Schneider has missed the playoffs 2 times in 8 years and he will always have more SB appearances with Seattle than Ted had with GB.

But never let the facts get in the way with defending all things Ted Thompson.

You've been very vocal about TT's drafts from 2011 until now, have you taken a second to look at Schneiders' drafts since 2013 it's ugly.

5 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Just pointing out that saying Schneider has missed the playoffs with the Seahawks as many times as Ted missed the playoffs with the Packers is a flat out misrepresentation of indisputable facts no matter how much better it makes the Ted fans feel.

Missing the playoffs 3 times over the course of 18 seasons isn't more impressive than missing the playoffs twice in 8 seasons?  Lulz.  You'll ignore anything if that means you don't have to admit you're wrong.

59 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Does anyone truly believe Murphy would hire someone who they know wouldn't work with Mac and/or Rodgers?  Where did this whole rumor about Rodgers and Mac not being able to work with Ball come from?

Archived