Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Tperk said:

Say what you want, I'm still pounding the table for an OT with one of the first 3 picks next year.

I think the position is high on the draft "To Do" list. How high and when we'll pull the trigger will depend on the depth of talent and where we wind up selecting. Right now we're at 13.

Just now, Old Guy said:

21.5 million reasons to get rid of him which negates his 'no financial gain,' comment. You can't take these clowns word for it. Look it up it's not hard.

They're all clowns to you aren't they? :)

We'll see how GB addresses his contract.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

They're all clowns to you aren't they? :)

We'll see how GB addresses his contract.

How GB addresses the contract in this discussion is irrelevant. The guy said there is NO (as in ZERO) financial incentive to cut Bakh. He's wrong and not just by a little. He's wrong by 21.5 million dollars. When he, as a Packer beat writer, posts something so egregiously wrong like this, he's a ******* CLOWN! It's not up for debate either! 

We're done here! 😂

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

How GB addresses the contract in this discussion is irrelevant. The guy said there is NO (as in ZERO) financial incentive to cut Bakh. He's wrong and not just by a little. He's wrong by 21.5 million dollars. When he, as a Packer beat writer posts something so egregiously wrong like this, he's a ******* CLOWN! 

It all starts (and ends) with his knee. That's gotta get right. If it is fixed finally / properly and he can still excel on the field - I'd like him back. Healthy LTs can play well into their 30's. So, if they can get him right physically...I trust them to figure out the money part.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

It all starts (and ends) with his knee. That's gotta get right. If it is fixed finally / properly and he can still excel on the field - I'd like him back. Healthy LTs can play well into their 30's. So, if they can get him right physically...I trust them to figure out the money part.

That is a reasonable position to take. The unreasonable position was the tweet you posted stating there is no financial gain to cutting him. That is patently false. 

I'm in the other camp. I think it's time to save the 21.5 million and move on. 

I'm OK with anybody holding your position. 

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

How GB addresses the contract in this discussion is irrelevant. The guy said there is NO (as in ZERO) financial incentive to cut Bakh. He's wrong and not just by a little. He's wrong by 21.5 million dollars. ...

Yeah, this isn't complicated, Uglem is wrong.  Of the $40.5 cap hit, only $19 is locked.  The other $21.5 either gets voluntarily paid, gets released, or gets renegotiated/replaced by a much smaller number.  

When all that came out about his knee and why they didn't want to go the route they finally did with these surgeries I was just scratching my head. That said there has been nothing but positive talk from both camps in regards to their relationship. He was one of the best LT's in the game and he himself while dominating in that Bears game said he felt like he was playing with one arm tied behind his back? Something to that extent. I think he can bounce back and have a great 2nd half of his career. It all has to make sense monetarily and logistically for the Packers.

Edited by Toddfather

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Yeah, this isn't complicated, Uglem is wrong.  Of the $40.5 cap hit, only $19 is locked.  The other $21.5 either gets voluntarily paid, gets released, or gets renegotiated/replaced by a much smaller number.  

Or....he's deemed healthy and the contract is reworked to spread that cash across more years.