Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah, his 20 catches, 300 yds and 1 TD with Mahomes, on a team with no WR talent is really a testament to how good he is.

Guys. mVS straight up sucks. He'd be the 8th receiving option at best here

I don't want him back .. just think the Packers have missed the speed element that Watson provides when healthy.  Defenses play a little tighter when he's not out there.  MVS used to offer some of that speed element, but he's not shown up well in KC.  He kind of sucks.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

You must have a heavy MVS bias...

He's... really bad. No chance he beats out Doubs lol

Or Wicks.

Both of us seem to have that.

The dude does not suck.  For the 50th time, he is a 50-50 deep threat guy that draws deep coverage because of his speed and body type, and is a very good blocker for a WR, especially down field.  If you are paying him to be an 80 catch, 1000 yard guy, you are going to be digging your own grave.  He gets you 500 yards and a few TDs on top of changing coverage and helping teammates pick up additional yardage.  That is what he is.  

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't want him back .. just think the Packers have missed the speed element that Watson provides when healthy.  Defenses play a little tighter when he's not out there.  MVS used to offer some of that speed element, but he's not shown up well in KC.  He kind of sucks.

I think our offense is better with Watson on the field. 

I think our offense would be worse with MVS on the field instead of like 8 of our other guys 

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Both of us seem to have that.

The dude does not suck.  For the 50th time, he is a 50-50 deep threat guy that draws deep coverage because of his speed and body type, and is a very good blocker for a WR, especially down field.  If you are paying him to be an 80 catch, 1000 yard guy, you are going to be digging your own grave.  He gets you 500 yards and a few TDs on top of changing coverage and helping teammates pick up additional yardage.  That is what he is.  

No. I have no MVS bias. I'm looking at objective facts.

He straight up sucks. Looking at the numbers. He sucks. Watching him play. He sucks. Considering the situation he's in, he sucks even more than he appears to suck.

There's no defensible argument for him anymore. 

He's a terrible NFL WR who probably is out of the league very soon.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Seems to be a solid chance that Jaire could be shipped out this offseason.  A source in this article said the Packers could probably get a second round pick.  They might be able to get a late 1st since some of those teams at the bottom of round one don't value their draft picks as highly as in years past.  If the Packers could snag a 1st I'm all for shipping him out.  I'd probably move him for a high 2 if that's the best I could do.  He was a great player, and probably still can be, but he's got damaged shoulders (didn't require surgery though), and has not been the same guy this year when healthy.  I think for him to stick around he's going to have to radically change his attitude, and I'm not sure he's capable of that.  A new DC hire could change the equation some, but the damage may have already been done.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2023/12/29/green-bay-packers-will-have-to-think-about-trading-jaire-alexander/72048058007/

I think he's worth a 1st for sure. Teams who need a CB and believe that is the move to get over the hump will give up a 1st for him. They aren't getting that player in the back half of the draft this year unless they simply get lucky. Alexander is a sure thing and agree with this article that teams will view this as a fresh start. 

Maybe it's a second and a young CB or S in return for him. 

47 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Eh, I just don't see it as a priority to even mention him.

IMO:

Move on from Dillon. He struggles to consistently run like a big guy. Dances too much at the LOS. 

Extend Jones in a manner that gives us easy cap hits for the next few seasons. Mathematically there's no better way. He becomes a 10-touch-a-game type.

Draft a guy in rds 3-6 who could become the every-down type. 

Taylor competes against UDFAs for RB3.

as much as Lafleur likes to run to set up the pass we can't afford to not have quality RB's, Jones is having trouble staying healthy enough to play, Dillon is a change of pace RB, we had interest in bringing in Johnathon Taylor, a RB of that type caliber should be our floor no matter what we do with either of Jones or Dillon.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

MVS would most likely see the field over Wicks and Doubs and at times both.  Heath probably wouldn't be on the team, and we can also eliminate Melton and Toure most likely with him.  MVS is not as dynamic as a healthy Watson, but he draws safeties deep, and blocks just as well, probably better.  I think you would see MVS opening up underneath routes for Reed especially, but probably Wicks and Doubs as well, depending on the personnel grouping.  MVS pulls zones together and all of a sudden we have 4.3 Reed running around LBs flailing around like their name is DeVondre Campbell.

At this point, I don't take MVS (or Lazard) over our current guys because I really like what we have, and I want to see how they develop or fall short as they age.  I am very bullish on Wicks.  But 1 to 1, only this season, take the vets and the better QB.  Yeah, I did say that.  Love is better than Mahomes.

One of the major requirements of being a WR is being able to catch. MVS struggles at this part of his job, mightily. 

WE let him go for good reason. Nothing he's done since should give anyone any concerns over whether we made the correct decision, we did. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

No. I have no MVS bias. I'm looking at objective facts.

He straight up sucks. Looking at the numbers. He sucks. Watching him play. He sucks. Considering the situation he's in, he sucks even more than he appears to suck.

There's no defensible argument for him anymore. 

He's a terrible NFL WR who probably is out of the league very soon.

"objective facts."  Next sentence, "he sucks"

Just stop.  

15 minutes ago, Sandy said:

MVS might not get an NFL contract offer after how bad his season was this year, so I'd be happy to let him compete for a PS spot to be called up for the 8 games Watson misses each year 

You could put Lazard on the PS as well 😂

7 minutes ago, turf toe said:

as much as Lafleur likes to run to set up the pass we can't afford to not have quality RB's, Jones is having trouble staying healthy enough to play, Dillon is a change of pace RB, we had interest in bringing in Johnathon Taylor, a RB of that type caliber should be our floor no matter what we do with either of Jones or Dillon.

So you're saying if we don't acquire an all-pro running back we fail the off-season?

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

One of the major requirements of being a WR is being able to catch. MVS struggles at this part of his job, mightily. 

WE let him go for good reason. Nothing he's done since should give anyone any concerns over whether we made the correct decision, we did. 

Do you guys read? Nobody is clamoring for MVS back.  He has a use and a set of skills that are valuable.  Those skills would probably put him on the field over some of our rookies and second year players THIS SEASON.  This all started because I said that I feel the Chiefs and Jets over paid and misused MVS and Lazard.  Not that either are some unicorn magical hall of immortals players.  Just that there are better ways to utilize those players than their current teams have done.