BDL 2018 Contract Negotiations/Transactions

SirA1

11 hours ago, SkunkApes said:

Orlando 3 Up Proposal for Taylor Lewan: 1 year/$7,940

RL Contract: 1 year/$9,341

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/taylor-lewan-14420/

15 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Also I'm gonna reject lewan under the you can't three up a guy on his rookie deal rule, even if it's a fifth year option, it's still a rookie deal 

Footy you can either pay him his full 5th year option or let him walk. 

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Well he didn't have a contract to use for anything last season? 

You can't extend someone who isn't currently under contract though. You'd be signing him to a new deal, which is a 3 up. 

12 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

So by that, no fifth year option is valid without it being a three up? 

Not sure if you are just trolling or trying to teach the new guys all the rules in  one go.

A 5th year option is only available for a player in the BDL if two things happen. 

A. Players is drafted in the NFL 1st round thus making them eligible for the NFL 5th year.

B. Players NFL team exercises the Clubs 5th year Option.

If both don't happen then there is no BDL 5th year option. 

For instance Kyle Fuller had his option turned down so he was a Ufa IRL and BDL this year.

It's unlikely Phillip Dorsett gets his option used by the Pats this year so I can't 5th year him next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Not sure if you are just trolling or trying to teach the new guys all the rules in  one go.

A 5th year option is only available for a player in the BDL if two things happen. 

A. Players is drafted in the NFL 1st round thus making them eligible for the NFL 5th year.

B. Players NFL team exercises the Clubs 5th year Option.

If both don't happen then there is no BDL 5th year option. 

For instance Kyle Fuller had his option turned down so he was a Ufa IRL and BDL this year.

It's unlikely Phillip Dorsett gets his option used by the Pats this year so I can't 5th year him next year.

It's a little bit of both. 

Mainly I'm pointing this out cause it's an awesome example because mewhort resigned with the colts for one year after playing four years. 

Fifth year option is  100 percent 

No fifth year option is a three up 

No mixing of the two unless you want to allow people to do both