Rams 2018 offseason

holt_bruce81

11 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

ok, fair enough..I didn't write the article. Why would they cut a position of need (LB) such as Barron vs cutting a 3rd string RB like Tavon Austin, who probably will never start a game in 2018? How does that make sense?

Because the LB, who doesn't fit the scheme, can free up as much as $7M in cap space this season whereas Tavon, if he were cut now after agreeing to restructure his deal (literally, eliminated all the remaining years on his contract after this year and allowed the team to make $3M of the $8M he was due incentive-based) would have major good-faith bargaining blowback with our other players we're trying to re-sign or in future contract restructuring talks we have with players on the roster.  Tavon may yet still be cut, but they're going to give him the preseason to earn his spot - that was the transaction both sides agreed to.

1 minute ago, chris00cm said:

Buying my DJ Moore jersey as we speak. Needs to be our first round pick.

is he a slot guy? I don't know much about as I should him quite yet but what I've read most have him as a slot? am I wrong?

I like a few of this years WRs and really hoping they'll be there in the 3rd round  

1 minute ago, RamPackFan said:

is he a slot guy? I don't know much about as I should him quite yet but what I've read most have him as a slot? am I wrong?

I like a few of this years WRs and really hoping they'll be there in the 3rd round  

It's a common misconception that he's a "slot guy." Think a rich man's Golden Tate. Dude is built like a running back.

So dreamy. :x

12 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Dude, you love to be self-important, don't you?  You love your hyperbolic words ("obsessed," "guarantee," "take it to the bank," "lost your panties").  Get over yourself.

There is your original post in this thread about your "confident prediction."  No mention of Suh - so stop pretending.  You may have intended to say it, but you didn't.  You then walked it back from "1 of our 2 first picks" to 1 of our first 3 then to one of our first 4 and when challenged that you'd walked it back you doubled-down on 1 of the first three.

That's not cherry-picking, that's holding you accountable to the statements you make.  So for clarification, one of us read what you wrote, and it's fairly clear it wasn't you.  Maybe you should go back and re-read what you actually wrote in the Draft Discussion thread where "if we sign Suh" was mentioned... it was about taking Ridley at #26 if he was there.  Again, you may have intended to draw a parallel between that post and where you made your hot take in here, but you didn't - that's not on a failure of the reader, it's because if you intended to connect those dots, you didn't do so coherently.

lol...don't take this so seriously, dude.  I'm having fun and I'm only making predictions....as MANY people do.  You seem to be the only one who gets all "snowflaky" over it.  None of us have a crystal ball.  If you say you never make predictions or think something will happen then you are a liar.

I'm STILL saying ONE OF THREE picks!! I've said that sooooooo many times, dude! YES, you're totally cherry picking. How many times do I have to say it...go back and tally em' up, dude

7 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

It's a common misconception that he's a "slot guy." Think a rich man's Golden Tate. Dude is built like a running back.

So dreamy. :x

dude is a great weapon..I like how he is used as a RB in certain situations...MUCH bigger option than Tavon

2 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

dude is a great weapon..I like how he is used as a RB in certain situations...MUCH bigger option than Tavon

He was Maryland's offense. It's rare to see a player account for what he did for a major conference football team. Were talking Christian McCaffery-Stanford type of usage.

3 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

lol...don't take this so seriously, dude.  I'm having fun and I'm only making predictions....as MANY people do.  You seem to be the only one who gets all "snowflaky" over it.  None of us have a crystal ball.  If you say you never make predictions or think something will happen then you are a liar.

I'm STILL saying ONE OF THREE picks!! I've said that sooooooo many times, dude! YES, you're totally cherry picking. How many times do I have to say it...go back and tally em' up, dude

Deal.  Literally all I needed to read to never take you seriously again.

55 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

ok, fair enough..I didn't write the article. Why would they cut a position of need (LB) such as Barron vs cutting a 3rd string RB like Tavon Austin, who probably will never start a game in 2018? How does that make sense?

If they feel they can replace him easily then the money savings makes sense. Cutting Tavon though makes zero financial sense. Cutting Webster makes financial and roster sense especially coming back from injury. Extending Saffold and reducing his cap hit this year a couple million makes the most sense. Cutting Tavon saves us only his base pay which is a vet minimum.

Im not advocating it at this point but cutting Barron ten signing a vet to $1-2 million and drafting 2 guys. Then you go with those three along with Hager and Littleton.

7 minutes ago, DEE RAWL said:

I learned that lesson a long time ago. 

maybe I don't take this as serious as you? this is just a "time burner"  for me during down time at work...... at the end of the day we are all just "arm chairing" our thoughts and opinions. Nothing to get all pissy about, eh? Live a little - smile :) 

Archived