NFL What-Ifs

CKS97

12 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Or if Larry Brown didn't get his butt whooped by Jerry Rice.

That should be phrased " What if James Washington had obeyed the coaches?" On that  play JW was tasked with  helping LB in deep coverage to keep JR out of the end zone. That would have worked too because JR would have been bracketed. If SY had chucked the ball the up like he did at best (for the Niners) it would have been an incomplete. It very well could have been an int.

James Washington was a mutinous free lancer who repeatedly gambled and lost. Cowboys were going to waive him if his contract hadn't expired. 

To add, what if Peyton Manning went back to the Colts and kept them relevant for a few more years and Indy spent their #1 overall pick on Matt Kalil or someone else (I'm looking back at that 1st round and oh my god those first few picks are just atrocious), or maybe they trade back and stockpile?

I mean, their team couldn't be worse had they done that than they are right now.

I think that if Cleveland had drafted Big Ben they would have been what the Steelers would have been the past 14 years (including the 2 Super Bowl titles, which would have ended Cleveland's title drought 10 years earlier than it did in real life), while the Steelers go back to being one of the league's worst teams like they were before the AFL merger (which means Browns don't go 0-16, Butch Davis stays in Cleveland through 2013 and retires gracefully, never going through what he went through at UNC, Browns would be coached by Jim Harbaugh as of now).

Archived