NFL What-Ifs

CKS97

Though i dont like the Pats I have to give them this - what if the Broncos snow game in 2015 was refereed correctly (was one of the bigger screwjobs outside of the usual bi  weekly ones in Seattle evertyime Seahawks play at home)

Pretty sure Pats would have gone back to back and potentially back to back to back in that case.

What if Drew Brees passes his physical with the Dolphins? By some accounts Saban wanted him but since he didn't pass the physical he couldn't sign him and that led to him going back to college because he didn't like the lack of control. He probably signs there, and while I don't think he becomes as good without playing here he still would be a great QB. Saban, at least, lasts there for more years and could possibly still even be there today. He also doesn't go to Alabama and ruin my life as a college football fan. It's my favorite what-if because it effects me so much, it not only makes the Saints' destiny change a ton, but my college team in LSU probably has at least another title or two without the seasons where Bama eliminated us. Payton, who had already offered a pick for Romo at one point, could go even harder after him if we don't get Brees and he could've become our QB. Or we could've drafted Leinart, and who knows what Payton could've done with him, maybe he's still a bust or maybe he becomes a great player. Regardless, there's a lot of depth behind this what if and I love it. Gotta say I'm content with how things worked out though, considering I care more about the Saints than LSU. 

20 hours ago, Starless said:

...that's it? You don't think there's even a chance that his presence would've swung the playoff games they lost in those seasons?

It's hard enough for people on here to admit that we've been the most successful team of the past 15 years. Let's not push them now. 

:D

4 hours ago, The Hitch said:

Though i dont like the Pats I have to give them this - what if the Broncos snow game in 2015 was refereed correctly (was one of the bigger screwjobs outside of the usual bi  weekly ones in Seattle evertyime Seahawks play at home)

Pretty sure Pats would have gone back to back and potentially back to back to back in that case.

Are you sure about that one, Hitch. We only get referee favors, you see.

5 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

What if we never traded Steve Young to the 49ers? 

What if Brett Favre was never traded to Green Bay?

I would say that both are out of the league pretty soon after that.  Maybe Steve Young surfaces somewhere.  Brett Favre was pretty close to being a complete bust.

Steve Bono and Mark Brunell become starters for the 49ers and Packers?

On 1/8/2018 at 8:20 AM, MWil23 said:

In order to go down that road you'd have to also explore "WHAT IF" Art didn't move the team. That's all I'm saying. Most Browns fans LOVED BB.

Lol. He sucked here. ESPN slob job was ridiculous. Metcalf up the middle.

He did get Kosar right with diminishing skills and Interceptaverde was 14 and 14 in his tenure. For Cleve quite tge accomplishment. 

BB learned a lot in Cleve,  but he was a average coach here and his draft picks overall were terrible. So we all love his hof career but if cleve kept Bb n didn't move he would be out if a job n no one would care about him as he would gave failed like all other cleve coaches fail.

What if Browns had a better name and we're not poop brown colors? That is the real question. I vote for a Glanville and just go straight black on black and us the Cleveland Steam

2 minutes ago, GongKong said:

Lol. He sucked here. ESPN slob job was ridiculous. Metcalf up the middle.

He did get Kosar right with diminishing skills and Interceptaverde was 14 and 14 in his tenure. For Cleve quite tge accomplishment. 

BB learned a lot in Cleve,  but he was a average coach here and his draft picks overall were terrible. So we all love his hof career but if cleve kept Bb n didn't move he would be out if a job n no one would care about him as he would gave failed like all other cleve coaches fail.

What if Browns had a better name and we're not poop brown colors? That is the real question. I vote for a Glanville and just go straight black on black and us the Cleveland Steam

This site is literally the only place where you will see "Belichick was liked on the Browns". Most reporters and analysts consider his time there a failure. He himself said he feels like he lost the team. He got tremendous backlash for getting rid of Kosar. Most (current and former) Browns beat writers rarely say good things about his time there aside from in hindsight of what they later became. For the original Browns franchise (not this new thing...) he was one of their least successful coaches (certainly least successful coach who lasted as long as he did). 

The one playoff win and winning season is the only positive... and that's largely out of context because the old Browns franchise was not a team incapable of winning playoff games. 2 years before Belichick got their they won a playoff game. 

6 hours ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

What if Eli Manning didn't refuse to go to the Chargers?

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have 2 more Super Bowl rings

What if Bo Jackson didn't refuse to go to the Bucs?

He would've still gotten hurt in the prime of his career

What if John Elway didn't refuse to go to the Colts?

Peyton Manning gets drafted by the Chargers, thus invalidating your first question.

Archived