NFL What-Ifs

CKS97

18 hours ago, 3rivers said:

what if the freezer bowl had normal weather and the charger met the 49ers in a dome for the SB?

I don't think they get past the Bengals even if it was normal weather. The Bengals already killed the Chargers 40-17 during the regular season, and that game was in San Diego where the weather was fine. The Begnals were just a better unit than the Chargers in 1981. 

14 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Quality issue btw.

1780958-what_if_49.jpg

It's an issue of What If, so I'm going to assume everyone winds up dead.  That's pretty much the go to result of every issue of What If? ever.   I'm sure there were some where that didn't happen, but those issues were few and far between. 

1 minute ago, Crickett said:

It's an issue of What If, so I'm going to assume everyone winds up dead.  That's pretty much the go to result of every issue of What If? ever.   I'm sure there were some where that didn't happen, but those issues were few and far between. 

I haven't read a lot of What If from Marvel, so I don't know. For this issue though there is a resolution where everyone doesn't die. Actually, what happens in this issue is arguably a better narrative than what actually happen in Infinity Gauntlet. 

Two what-ifs from the last day of the 1995 season:

1. What if Yancey Thigpen doesn't drop a winning TD in Lambeau?

2. What if the Falcons don't beat the 49ers?

That would have given Detroit the NFC Central title, made San Francisco the #1 seed, and  the NFC Wild-Card Games would have been Green Bay-Philly and Chicago-Detroit

What if in 2014 Green bay had 1 less win.

Dallas would have had the tie breaker over Seattle instead of the imo stupid system that gave the tie breaker to Seattle when GB was involved.

Dallas would have gotten the weaker team in the division round (instead of having to visit Lambaugh) at home and then likely hosted one of Seattle or GB in the championship game and I think they win either. 

Romo could have had a shot at the  HOF.

Seattle were unlucky not to win the SB, but I always thought they had massive ammounts of luck with both the tie breaker and the way the match against GB went, to even be in that position.

What if the locker room, & off the field antics of 80s / 90s players were exposed in today's trial by social media age?

What if Jim Brown, & Barry Sanders didn't retire early?

What if Gale Sayers, Bo Jackson didn't get injured?

What if Ernie Davis lived, & played a full career in the NFL?

What if Drew Brees never won a SB, & retired with without an MVP... Would he make the hall? 

19 hours ago, CKS97 said:

That would have given Detroit the NFC Central title, made San Francisco the #1 seed, and  the NFC Wild-Card Games would have been Green Bay-Philly and Chicago-Detroit

1. I see the Eagles and Lions winning those first round matchups. Then, the Eagles play the Niners, and the Lions go to Texas Stadium. Both road teams won the year before against the 49ers and Cowboys in the regular season, but I see the Niners and Cowboys meeting for round four, with the 49ers winning. In SB XXX, though, the Steelers win, and O'Donnell stays.

2. The Packers pick a few slots higher, so they get Ray Lewis. However, without their run to the title game, they may have not been the chic pick in 1996 to go to the SB, so there's no guarantee that FA's Santana Dotson and Eugene Robinson sign there.

On 2018-01-11 at 8:26 PM, CKS97 said:

none of this would have mattered, still would have been the cowboys in the SB, just too good for the rest of the NFC back then.  As for what if, I suppose we can mention , ah forget it :ph34r:

On 1/12/2018 at 7:50 AM, Marc MacGyver said:

What if the locker room, & off the field antics of 80s / 90s players were exposed in today's trial by social media age?

What if Jim Brown, & Barry Sanders didn't retire early?

What if Gale Sayers, Bo Jackson didn't get injured?

What if Ernie Davis lived, & played a full career in the NFL?

What if Drew Brees never won a SB, & retired with without an MVP... Would he make the hall? 

Nobody would of noticed them as much because there wasn't social media.

They would have played a few more years.

They would have been good RB's for a few more years

He would of probably been a RB in the NFL and played multiple seasons.

He would have been known forever as the most accurate QB without a SB... probably

Archived