NFL What-Ifs

CKS97

8 hours ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

What if John Elway didn't refuse to go to the Colts?

According to Ernie Accorsi (from his book The GM), Elway called him up about a week after the draft and agreed to play in Baltimore. He also told Ernie that he would call him back after things died down.

However, Ernie said that he made the mistake of telling Robert Irsay, and Robert traded him that night to Denver (thankfully).

What if Randy White doesn't fumble the kick off in SB 13? What if the infamous Fred Swearingen  doesn't call the phantom pass interference against Benny Barnes? What if Franco harris doesn't get a free block from umpire Art Demmas?

I haven't read a post in this thread yet, so I'm assuming this has been brought up - The Tuck Rule screwing the Raiders.  If the Raiders won that game like they should have, I think they defeat the Steelers in the AFC Championship game and make it to the Superbowl.  In that scenario, I believe the Rams beat the Raiders and have two championships in three years.

On 1/9/2018 at 1:20 PM, areksoo said:

What if the league decided to actually nullify Aaron Rodgers' contract with the Packers after the Packers put him back on IR and he's free to sign with any team?  And Aaron decides to test the open market... The chaos!  Even with playoff teams!

Then the Niners just found their new backup to Jimmy G

Archived