Tom Cable Out?

showtime

15 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

."Given permission" is a nice way of putting it.

With the investment made into the offensive line financially and with draft capital over the past two seasons, the decline in production is inexcusable.

Fair point.  A lot of non-Seahawks fans claim the Seahawks don't address the offensive line and ignore it.  That's just not true.  They've tried spending draft picks to improve the offensive line and recently traded for Duane Brown.  I think with a full off-season for Brown, George Fant returning and whatever they do to address the interior offensive line via this upcoming draft + new offensive line coach; we're all bound to see improvements to the Seahawks offensive line.

I also include Britt's extension and the Joeckel contract as part of that investment. Trading for Brown was a shrewd move, given how difficult it is to hit on quality offensive linemen in the draft recently. No doubt he will be extended at some point, but the record after that trade vs before shows you that although the talent level was improving on the line, the production and the record was not impacted. That falls on coaching. 

That record is also indicative of the injuries, but it's odd that in the area that the talent actually improved mid season, the play got worse.

He's gone.

I personally know someone that works for the Seattle Seahawks (can't disclose name or title) that I keep in touch with and he said RUMOR is Kris Richard is also on the way out. Kubiak, McCoy, Trestman possible replacements for Bevell. 

I'm ecstatic personally. Cable/Bevell were the first two steps to fixing this team. 

9 hours ago, NFL_Announcer said:

He's gone.

I personally know someone that works for the Seattle Seahawks (can't disclose name or title) that I keep in touch with and he said RUMOR is Kris Richard is also on the way out. Kubiak, McCoy, Trestman possible replacements for Bevell. 

I'm ecstatic personally. Cable/Bevell were the first two steps to fixing this team. 

According to reports, Richard is being allowed to look around for coaching opportunities.  Good call on that one by your source.  Keep us updated if you hear anymore.

22 hours ago, NFL_Announcer said:

He's gone.

If Schotty ends up being our OC.. I just hope we hit on our OL hire.

Archived