2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd take Allen in a heartbeat#1. Best arm, best athletically, best Wonderlic, he's got some footwork issues but he's clearly the best QB in the draft.

The next Blake Bortles or Jamarcus Russell ? Or the next Carson Wentz. Here is a breakdown that looks at the good, and the bad.
https://www.diehards.com/national/film-room-josh-allen-good-bad-ugly-mysterious-nfl-draft-prospect

When I hear a guy routinely makes half-field reads and has a 57% completion rate, that is cause for concern. The link does point out that Favre and Montana were in the 52% completion range (I found that a bit shocking), but the passing game is a more important part of the whole thing than ever. If you can turn around the bad, you could have a Hall of Fame guy, but that if is a big one.

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

The next Blake Bortles or Jamarcus Russell ? Or the next Carson Wentz. Here is a breakdown that looks at the good, and the bad.
https://www.diehards.com/national/film-room-josh-allen-good-bad-ugly-mysterious-nfl-draft-prospect

When I hear a guy routinely makes half-field reads and has a 57% completion rate, that is cause for concern. The link does point out that Favre and Montana were in the 52% completion range (I found that a bit shocking), but the passing game is a more important part of the whole thing than ever. If you can turn around the bad, you could have a Hall of Fame guy, but that if is a big one.

One of Allen’s strengths thst has been discussed is that he goes through his progressions , I believe.

Talking about QBs, Darnold is my number one. Arm talent, delivers strikes from the pocket under duress, superb athlete. Kid is gonna be a star.

1. Darnold

2. Allen

3. Jackson

4. Mayfield

5. Rosen

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

One of Allen’s strengths thst has been discussed is that he goes through his progressions , I believe.

Talking about QBs, Darnold is my number one. Arm talent, delivers strikes from the pocket under duress, superb athlete. Kid is gonna be a star.

1. Darnold

2. Allen

3. Jackson

4. Mayfield

5. Rosen

Interesting. despite his personality (leadership) faults (and each QB has some faults), I'd have Rosen as no.1.

56 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

I’d like to be able to understand combine scores more, is there like a reference sheet where I can get the idea of what is considered good for all the drills?

Here’s some info by Justo on what the scores mean to GB when drafting:

https://m.cheeseheadtv.com/blog/being-ted-thompson-final-packers-draft-tendencies-update-357

for example:

Of those nine defensive backs, seven of them were at least an eighth-inch of 5'11”, ran at least a 4.57-second 40-yard dash and recorded at least a 6.87-second three-cone time.

47 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Here’s some info by Justo on what the scores mean to GB when drafting:

https://m.cheeseheadtv.com/blog/being-ted-thompson-final-packers-draft-tendencies-update-357

for example:

Of those nine defensive backs, seven of them were at least an eighth-inch of 5'11”, ran at least a 4.57-second 40-yard dash and recorded at least a 6.87-second three-cone time.

Good stuff, I guess I’m looking for more general Info. What’s a good vertical and stuff like that.

58 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Interesting. despite his personality (leadership) faults (and each QB has some faults), I'd have Rosen as no.1.

When I watch Rosen, for some reason I give a lot of credit to his scheme. Feel like the play calling and stuff had a lot to do with his success ( which is weird, because I’m a Goff guy). I don’t like his injuries, and his mobility. I see a poor man’s Matt Ryan. 

9 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

When I watch Rosen, for some reason I give a lot of credit to his scheme. Feel like the play calling and stuff had a lot to do with his success ( which is weird, because I’m a Goff guy). I don’t like his injuries, and his mobility. I see a poor man’s Matt Ryan. 

What do you see exactly in Allen? I see Hackenburg 

13 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Every year it seems like there is a team right in front of GB that takes all the players/positions I'm high on.

This year I think its gonna be Washington.

Normally it is always Pittsburg for me, I always want whoever they pick, even if they pick after us.

30 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Honestly, I felt his supporting cast let him down a LOT.

I think for Cleveland I would go Darnold or Allen. The thinking is I assume they get Barkley at 4, they have tyros Taylor they have Landry at rcvr that is a descent trio of weapons. They could give Allen the time he needs or Darnold could start week 6 or so should he be deemed ready. 

I keep seeing rudolph as a guy people like later on I don’t know anything about him what seperates these guys from him?

1 hour ago, ugLymayNe said:

What do you see exactly in Allen? I see Hackenburg 

I see a guy who makes all the tough throws, mainly because he had to. Watching his games, guys were in his face regularly and Allen either extends the play with his legs and throws a strike (which he’s pretty darn good throwing on the run) or he stands firm in the pocket. Love how he scans the field and always has his eyes down field. If he had a competent cast around him in which he didn’t have to be Superman, his accuracy wouldn’t be considered a issue. 

And that’s without mentioning his upper tier arm.

Archived