2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Hopefully we end up around 12-15 and either Arden Key or Chubb smoke some pot before the Combine, or one of the Clemson boys or Harold Landry rip up the Combine and make me feel a little better about them being studs.

I'm not 100% in on Key, even off the field stuff aside, is he a better prospect than Leonard Floyd? I'm just not in love with that body type either. 

54 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

I'm not 100% in on Key, even off the field stuff aside, is he a better prospect than Leonard Floyd? I'm just not in love with that body type either. 

I would trade just about any player on our defense for Leonard Floyd, so not sure that's a bad thing, but yes I thing he's a slightly better prospect than Floyd.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I would trade just about any player on our defense for Leonard Floyd, so not sure that's a bad thing, but yes I thing he's a slightly better prospect than Floyd.

At this point I don't think he is, but it's close. Agree with you on the Clemson kids and Landry. Tough taking a pass rusher top 20 who isn't a top level athlete, but of those 3, I'd go with Landry. 2016 Landry was damn good and that bend is is very good.

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

I hate him a lot, but can we sign Sherman this offseason?

I'd honestly love that.  Sherman is just a loudmouth.  He hasn't done anything worth getting on my **** list, and as long as a player isn't on that list, I like them more as a Packer.  Sign him to a four year deal.  Two years at CB, two years at S. 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'd honestly love that.  Sherman is just a loudmouth.  He hasn't done anything worth getting on my **** list, and as long as a player isn't on that list, I like them more as a Packer.  Sign him to a four year deal.  Two years at CB, two years at S. 

We don't have Earl Thomas. No thanks.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

We don't have Earl Thomas. No thanks.

He's still better than literally any CB we could possibly have next year.  I get that he relies a lot on that defense, but don't act like he's crap without the rest because he's still an above average CB.  Probably not if we still have Capers though. 

With Adams yet again in a concussion protocol, I'm concerned about his health and his career. He might be in Sam Shields-land now. Jordy's lost a step, and there's no one else on the roster who might even come close to being a #1 receiver. It looks like a prudent move to use the second or third draft choice this spring on a WR, but rookies are rookies. Are there any potential WR FAs who might step in as a #1 for the Packers? I know it's early, but what veteran WR FA would be a good fit?

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

With Adams yet again in a concussion protocol, I'm concerned about his health and his career. He might be in Sam Shields-land now. Jordy's lost a step, and there's no one else on the roster who might even come close to being a #1 receiver. It looks like a prudent move to use the second or third draft choice this spring on a WR, but rookies are rookies. Are there any potential WR FAs who might step in as a #1 for the Packers? I know it's early, but what veteran WR FA would be a good fit?

Shields kept getting concussions from making tackles (something every defensive player is expected to make).  Adams has gotten two concussions thanks to two hits that should have resulted in players being suspended for their careers. 

2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I hate him a lot, but can we sign Sherman this offseason?

After tearing his Achilles, no.  If he hadn't done that, maybe.  But look at Kobe.  An Achilles tear is pretty much the kiss of death for older players.

Just now, DocHambone said:

Hes not even a free agent.

I think the question was posed if the Seachickens released him.  There were already rumblings that they were willing to listen to offers on Sherman during the offseason.  It might be hard to pay him $13.2M if he's not that #1 corner.

Archived