2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Valid, though I suspect that's the exception rather than the rule.

I'm not arguing either way, I'm merely stating that just because a player throws a bunch of interceptions doesn't mean he's going to do that at the next level.  This year, he threw 12 interceptions in 435 passing attempts which comes out to an interception every 36 or so throws.  The previous year, he threw 9 interceptions on 366 attempts which is an average of an interception every 41 throws.  That's not an outrageous number.  Just for comparison, Deshaun Watson threw an interception every 34 attempts.  Jared Goff threw an interception every 41 attempts his last year at Cal.  It's something to improve upon, but it's not a deal breaker for me unless you believe he has a poor judgment.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's so damn thin.  I mean, he's smaller than Randall Cobb coming out of Kentucky.

Yeah, doesn't bother me. He runs excellent routes, he has excellent hands and he's very good after the catch. Reminds me of Driver.

The weight comes with playing in the league with a professional nutritionist and strength team.

He's very different from the usual big body USC WR that struggles to separate in the NFL.

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah, doesn't bother me. He runs excellent routes, he has excellent hands and he's very good after the catch. Reminds me of Driver.

The weight comes with playing in the league with a professional nutritionist and strength team.

He's very different from the usual big body USC WR that struggles to separate in the NFL.

Agreed.  The chance to add some good mass to his frame will come.  Most do in their early 20's. 

Guys I’m very intrigued with. 

Duke Ejiofor -  6’-5”  275  EDGE - Good motor plays the run shows some moves

Lorenzo Carter  6’-6”  250  -  EDGE  -  Great length, hustles to the whistle plays the run well too. Can’t believe no one is talking about him.

Tremaine Edmunds. -  6’-5” 250  EDGE? - Great athleticism, length and hustle. Can he play OLB? Takes on OG pretty well. 

Josh Allen -  6’-5”  235. EDGE - Very athletic shoes some pass rush. Needs counter moves. Runs well too and is long. 

Christian Miller - 6’-4”  240. EDGE. -  Hirt this year and split time last year but shows some athleticism. Good measurable. Don’t know a lot about him but was highly rated pre-season and plays for a good program so being the starter says something. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:
5 hours ago, squire12 said:

Agreed.  The chance to add some good mass to his frame will come.  Most do in their early 20's. 

Just words of warning, we said the same thing about Datone Jones and he was unable to put on weight

Like I said, most do.  So I recognize that not all do.  Jones was already 280ish vs a WR that is 180ish.  

Certainly there is no guarantee of a player adding weight, but if that is the biggest mark against him as a WR, you might just be looking for something to mark against him just to do so.

Just now, squire12 said:

Like I said, most do.  So I recognize that not all do.  Jones was already 280ish vs a WR that is 180ish.  

Certainly there is no guarantee of a player adding weight, but if that is the biggest mark against him as a WR, you might just be looking for something to mark against him just to do so.

I'm just trying to make the warning that you don't necessarily project weight to be added to the frame.  And some players you don't want them to add weight to their frame or they'll lose their quickness.

Archived