Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

The SEA pick is the absolute most I would consider trading for Peters.  I may even hesitate to do that.  I'd offer our third and another later pick like a 5th first and see if they bite.

Dude is a legit headcase and is a FA next year.  KC obviously doesn't want to pay him so they can keep him at a 1st round asking price.  

EDIT:  Forgot about the 5th year option on him.  The SEA pick would probably be more likely then since he could be controlled for 2 more years.

He'll likely get more though

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Peters with attitude issues is probably not exactly what Bowles wants regardless of his skill. I mean we saw 1st hand him throw a flag into the stands and then walk into the locker room mid game against us last season.

He walked into the locker thinking he was ejected but it took him forever to return. eh?

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Who will take his contract when it is picked up? 

They restructure his deal. That’s why more than likely he will be cut by us. Bc a small portion of his deal is only guaranteed in 2018. It’s not far fetched we trade him rather than cut him bc of this reason. Bc a team can trade for him and than restructure his deal. I do still think we just cut him though.

To be honest, any new team will be dumb to restructure Wilkerson's contract.  I don't know if he is happy to take pay cut.

2018 - 16.725m to be picked up on 3rd day of new league.

2019 - 15.25m plus new pro-rated $$ (Absorb at least 8m dead money if cut)

2020 - 16.275m plus new pro-rated $$

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

To be honest, any new team will be dumb to restructure Wilkerson's contract.  I don't know if he is happy to take pay cut.

2018 - 16.725m to be picked up on 3rd day of new league.

2019 - 15.25m plus new pro-rated $$ (Absorb at least 8m dead money if cut)

2020 - 16.275m plus new pro-rated $$

You’re forgetting that he knows he won’t be getting paid that. So his agent will gage about how much he will be worth on the open market and he could restructure to that for a team if traded. Like I stated... I think we cut him therefor he will be a FA and get whatever the market will be for him. Now he carries motivation issues that will hurt his stock though.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

You’re forgetting that he knows he won’t be getting paid that. So his agent will gage about how much he will be worth on the open market and he could restructure to that for a team if traded. Like I stated... I think we cut him therefor he will be a FA and get whatever the market will be for him. Now he carries motivation issues that will hurt his stock though.

Well, all he has to is wait for the 4th day of new league with a new team. That will postpone the restructure until next year.

Archived