Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

26 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Gutted we didn’t trade for Peters

His attitude is the polar opposite of what we are trying to do with this franchise. Never thought we’d try and trade for him. He does have loads of talent. But is just a headcase.

I've been thinking if we missed on cousins who if anyone in free agency would we want?

And, if that happened since a TON of money would not be spent would it open us up to make a bigger splash at other positions?

The talent is there to do a lot however not landing cousins could hinder our ability to draw these free agents.

4 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

I've been thinking if we missed on cousins who if anyone in free agency would we want?

And, if that happened since a TON of money would not be spent would it open us up to make a bigger splash at other positions?

The talent is there to do a lot however not landing cousins could hinder our ability to draw these free agents.

Jets would need to sign FA to fill positions that would be filled by Jets' first 2 round picks so they could burn those picks to trade up for a QB they covet.  

McCarron, Keenum, or Bridgewater instead of Cousins could help Jets collect different FAs so missing Cousins won't stop that. Whether we like or not.

Jets really need to invest a bunch of money in FA so they don't have to trade a pick for an exciting veteran.

I wasn't a huge fan of cousins at first, but now the more I think about it adding him and some key guys to fill remaining holes would be great and leaving us open to draft BPA at #6 would be sweet.

I like the Kirk, Tru, Jensen and Pugh  concept and then maybe draft a guy like Chubb or Barkley.

Kinda a complete offseason right there.

That is one of thousand ways to be done by Jets.

I think I rather to go with QB Teddy Bridgewater, CB Trumaine Johnson, CB Rashaan Melvin, 3rd CB Aaron Colvin and WR Trey Burton. Then using draft for trench players, LB and edge.

Overpaying OL is risky because ZBS requires to work together all the way.  I know Jensen has experience at ZBS but he never works with Jets' OL. He becomes a waste of money if OL doesn't click right.  Better using young players or paying veteran for bargain contract to form the OL. That is why Shanahan/Kubiak never rushed and overpaid OL just to fix OL.

25 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Same here. I loved him coming out of college.

But hisnissues in college have followed him to the nfl. Getting into it with his coach on the sideline last year. Acting like a child throwing a flag into the stands and going into the locker room. Guy just needs to grow up. And that’s just what we see on Sunday’s. I’m sure in practice he’s just as bad. Really the polar opposite of the players we look for now.

Olympics had messed my mind. I don't remember what I said about potential WRs last week but sorry If I repeat anything.

Martavis Bryant -

Pro: Size and Speed. Would be perfectly pairing up with Robby Anderson in mirrored passing design if Jets continue to feature that.

Con: UFA after 2018 season. Character. A bunch of teams are interesting in him.

Jarvis Landry -

Pro: Skill is sound.

Con: Limited to slot receiver.  Trey Burton is the better alternative for price.  F-tagged so Jets-Dolphins trade is out of question.

Trey Burton -

Pro: Versatile enough to create mismatch all over the field. Hungry for production.

Con: Not fully flowered yet. Just a flanker, not a classic TE.

Allen Robinson -

Pro: Top 2 WR material. Jaguars are shy away from heavy contract or salary for him, meaning lower trade value.

Con: Speed. ACL issue. Seek for heavy contract. Trade Complex is required. Attractive talent to many teams.

For those receivers, I am going to pass on Bryant due to bad character. I would like to aggressively seal the deal with Burton.  Now, Robinson situation is to be monitored for better opportunity, trade-wise.

Jaguars wanted to offer one year contract with incentives but will tag Robinson as a franchise player. Robinson will likely sign the tag immediately because F-tag price of 14-16m is more than Jaguars' one year "prove it" contract. However, in case if he didn't sign immediately then Jets could only hope for him to be remained unsigned until the week prior to the draft.  This date is the deadline for RFA to sign any offer sheet. After that date, many teams will review the value of trade including RFA and F tagged players.

Matt Cassel and Jared Allen were traded on the brink of the separate drafts. Patriots packaged Mike Vrabel with Cassel for just 2nd round pick. Chiefs got rich return for giving up Allen.

Brandin Cooks and Jimmy Graham were sent for low 1st round pick (mixed and straight up) so Robinson may hold about 1.27-2.15 pick. That won't be enough to get Jets' 6th overall pick so Jaguars could use Robinson to improve the position in 2nd round.

Trade 1:

Jets get 2.29, 4th round pick and Robinson.

Jaguars get 2.5 and 4th round pick.

Trade 2:

Jets get Robinson

Jaguars get 2.17 (Seahawks)

Trade 3:

Jets get Robinson

Jaguars get 3rd round and next year's 4th round pick.

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Olympics had messed my mind. I don't remember what I said about potential WRs last week but sorry If I repeat anything.

Martavis Bryant -

Pro: Size and Speed. Would be perfectly pairing up with Robby Anderson in mirrored passing design if Jets continue to feature that.

Con: UFA after 2018 season. Character. A bunch of teams are interesting in him.

Jarvis Landry -

Pro: Skill is sound.

Con: Limited to slot receiver.  Trey Burton is the better alternative for price.  F-tagged so Jets-Dolphins trade is out of question.

Trey Burton -

Pro: Versatile enough to create mismatch all over the field. Hungry for production.

Con: Not fully flowered yet. Just a flanker, not a classic TE.

Allen Robinson -

Pro: Top 2 WR material. Jaguars are shy away from heavy contract or salary for him, meaning lower trade value.

Con: Speed. ACL issue. Seek for heavy contract. Trade Complex is required. Attractive talent to many teams.

For those receivers, I am going to pass on Bryant due to bad character. I would like to aggressively seal the deal with Burton.  Now, Robinson situation is to be monitored for better opportunity, trade-wise.

Jaguars wanted to offer one year contract with incentives but will tag Robinson as a franchise player. Robinson will likely sign the tag immediately because F-tag price of 14-16m is more than Jaguars' one year "prove it" contract. However, in case if he didn't sign immediately then Jets could only hope for him to be remained unsigned until the week prior to the draft.  This date is the deadline for RFA to sign any offer sheet. After that date, many teams will review the value of trade including RFA and F tagged players.

Matt Cassel and Jared Allen were traded on the brink of the separate drafts. Patriots packaged Mike Vrabel with Cassel for just 2nd round pick. Chiefs got rich return for giving up Allen.

Brandin Cooks and Jimmy Graham were sent for low 1st round pick (mixed and straight up) so Robinson may hold about 1.27-2.15 pick. That won't be enough to get Jets' 6th overall pick so Jaguars could use Robinson to improve the position in 2nd round.

Trade 1:

Jets get 2.29, 4th round pick and Robinson.

Jaguars get 2.5 and 4th round pick.

Trade 2:

Jets get Robinson

Jaguars get 2.17 (Seahawks)

Trade 3:

Jets get Robinson

Jaguars get 3rd round and next year's 4th round pick.

Teams don't trade for oending UFAs man. Robinson will either be resigned by Jacksonville or hit the market. There's no trading him. Only way he's traded is if he gets the non exclusive franchise tag put on him. And at that point he's not worth giving up our 1st Rounder AND having to pay him.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Teams don't trade for oending UFAs man. Robinson will either be resigned by Jacksonville or hit the market. There's no trading him. Only way he's traded is if he gets the non exclusive franchise tag put on him. And at that point he's not worth giving up our 1st Rounder AND having to pay him.

Where did I say that Jaguars would trade UFA Robinson away?

It’s crazy to think the talent we’ve had on the d-line over the last few years.  We had Wilkerson, Richardson, Snacks, Coples and Leo. 

The oldest of the five is only 29. How in the world we will only have Leo left after we cut Wilk next month is unreal. 

5 minutes ago, xenajets said:

It’s crazy to think the talent we’ve had on the d-line over the last few years.  We had Wilkerson, Richardson, Snacks, Coples and Leo. 

The oldest of the five is only 29. How in the world we will only have Leo left after we cut Wilk next month is unreal. 

Jets coaching hurts big time.   Imagine if Jets were the solid team then they may accept the lesser contract than they had for real.

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

It’s sad really

Archived