Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

6 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

IF SAM BRADFORD STOPS US FROM DRAFTING BAKER/ROSEN/DARNOLD I QUIT.

Dr. I think we should all take a Hiatus from this board for a week, to many stupid posts are coming out now, but I do agree with you ,about Bradford, I would quit also.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think I would legitimately be done too, I’d at least take 2018 off.

If we bring back McCown and draft a rookie what about then? Do you trust Bowles to actually play the rookie especiallly of his job is on the line? 

44 minutes ago, xenajets said:

If we bring back McCown and draft a rookie what about then? Do you trust Bowles to actually play the rookie especiallly of his job is on the line? 

That’s an entirely different situation? 

To answer your question, no I don’t. And I think with Bowles in charge a “close” camp battle will not be enough to go with the rookie. The guy is so conservative and “safe” the rookie will have to definitively beat out McCown. 

Either way, Sam Bradford is an awful idea. He’s made of glass.

34 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

That’s an entirely different situation? 

To answer your question, no I don’t. And I think with Bowles in charge a “close” camp battle will not be enough to go with the rookie. The guy is so conservative and “safe” the rookie will have to definitively beat out McCown. 

Either way, Sam Bradford is an awful idea. He’s made of glass.

I know that’s why I asked. 

Im with you...I just don’t trust Bowles with a new rookie qb especially if we bring back a 39 year old injury prone journeyman. 

We need fresh blood. If no Cousins then I want a FA like Teddy, AJ, Bradford and then a qb in the first. Need to go all in on the qb position if we don’t get Cousins. 

7 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I know that’s why I asked. 

Im with you...I just don’t trust Bowles with a new rookie qb especially if we bring back a 39 year old injury prone journeyman. 

We need fresh blood. If no Cousins then I want a FA like Teddy, AJ, Bradford and then a qb in the first. Need to go all in on the qb position if we don’t get Cousins. 

He will go with the vet no matter what IMO. I don’t think he has any interest in drafting/developing a QB at all if it was up to him. We would just rotate through whatever veterans are available and settle for “competence.” I personally wanted to get rid of Bowles prior to drafting a rookie but we obviously can’t change that. 

But I don’t really care who the vet is as long as they land one of Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield. But I wouldn’t bank on that rookie seeing much time this year.

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

I want to sign McCown over Bradford as a vet for a rookie

Every young QB who has worked for him credits him

We’ve never heard that about Bradford 

True but I don’t trust Bowles to not start McCown again for god knows how many games. If McCown is really so needed for a young qb then bring him back as a coach. 

48 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

He will go with the vet no matter what IMO. I don’t think he has any interest in drafting/developing a QB at all if it was up to him. We would just rotate through whatever veterans are available and settle for “competence.” I personally wanted to get rid of Bowles prior to drafting a rookie but we obviously can’t change that. 

But I don’t really care who the vet is as long as they land one of Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield. But I wouldn’t bank on that rookie seeing much time this year.

I agree 100%. I too wanted him gone. Imagine going into the offseason with a fresh new HC with history developing a young qb. We would be golden. That’s why I’m desperate for Cousins because it’s the only way we will have a franchise qb because Bowles WILL not develop one.

55 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I'm all for hating on Bowles but I think if Hack had shown any competence this past preseason he would have started. They force fed him reps, neither backup could do anything. I think Bowles is someone who will play the best QB period. If that is a rookie then sure he'll go that route but it's a lot less likely a QB beats out a vet especially the 3rd or 4th QB taken. I would like to see the rookie for about half a season, given McCown's (and Bradford for that matter) injury history I'd say last season was an anomaly.

I think the chances of a rookie starting on opening day are remote even if McCown comes back. I'm ok with Bradford as a backup plan to Cousins. At best, the rookie will start towards the end of the season. I don't think I Bradford stops us from taking a QB in the first. I still think we trade up to 3 or 4 to take a QB. 

Richburg always made sense to me for us. I've mocked him most of the time to us. It's unfortunate his price is getting too high. This also means teams will be looking at center early in the draft. With Price getting injured, things aren't looking good for us. 

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yup. We shouldn't expect a rookie to start for us opening day. It's just not going to happen. I don't mind Bradford but McCown would be preferable for the same reasons you stated. 

11 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yeah let’s sign Bradford so he can get injured (did he even heal yet?) and provide absolutely nothing of value. Excellent thinking Mac.

The best part is he didn't even really get injured last year.... his knee just decided it didn't really like him anymore and spontaneously swelled up on him.  He doesn't even need injuries to miss time anymore.  I would honestly vomit in my mouth if we signed Bradford.  Btw how is that dude only 30?  It feels like he should be 35.

Archived