2018 Free Agency

turtle28

27 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Poe/sue/Wilkerson /Sheldon Richardson are the only top defensive lineman available .

Logan as well.

we currently only have 15 mil in cap space I believe . 

After resigning Hopkins and signing Richardson? Really. I thought we had like between 32-34mill after Smith’s contract. So we should be somewhere in the 22-24 range.

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

After resigning Hopkins and signing Richardson? Really. I thought we had like between 32-34mill after Smith’s contract. So we should be somewhere in the 22-24 range.

I think we had $31 mil after A Smith.  Then we signed Hopkins, should be around $2ish mil, Deshazor Everett for around $1.3 mil, tendered Ty Nsekhe for something like $2.3ish?  Quinton Dunbar was another $1.75 mil.  So we're already down to 23-24 mil pre Richardson signing.  He's probably somewhere between $5-8 mil, so I'm guessing we have $15 to $19 mil in space left?

edit - I could be wrong, overthecap is showing us with $29 mil in cap, and that's with Alex Smith, Nsekhe, Dunbar and Everett already signed.  

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-redskins 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

We really let Breeland leave for that?

Moreau was a projected first round pick before his injury, we didn't draft him to sit him on the bench.  Can't retain everyone, and honestly Breeland's play was pretty inconsistent.  

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We really let Breeland leave for that?

From all talk it sounded like he didn't want to be here. Kinda like Cousins, he was mad that he wasn't treated like the number 1 shut down corner he views himself as. I think he was heated when we brought in Norman and then he was obviously benched at points this year.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Moreau was a projected first round pick before his injury, we didn't draft him to sit him on the bench.  Can't retain everyone, and honestly Breeland's play was pretty inconsistent.  

You can't retain everyone, sure. But you can't just let anyone worth a damn leave.

The only thing that kills me is we go through this every year with Bruce. Free agency opens up, we sign some back up to a large contract (Richardson) and then all goes quiet. We then spend the rest of our time digging through the scraps. I understand there are still some good players out there and it would be foolish to just start signing everyone but if you trade for a 34-year old QB that means you are all in. You can't do that and then sit on your hands. It doesn't work like that.

Just now, lavar703 said:

The only thing that kills me is we go through this every year with Bruce. Free agency opens up, we sign some back up to a large contract (Richardson) and then all goes quiet. We then spend the rest of our time digging through the scraps. I understand there are still some good players out there and it would be foolish to just start signing everyone but if you trade for a 34-year old QB that means you are all in. You can't do that and then sit on your hands. It doesn't work like that.

Lol, I actually think if Bruce would sit out the first few days of free agency his strategy wouldn't be bad.  Almost all of his bad signings are the original ones he targets.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Lol, I actually think if Bruce would sit out the first few days of free agency his strategy wouldn't be bad.  Almost all of his bad signings are the original ones he targets.  

I honestly feel like the plan is "we have no plan". 

Archived