2018 Free Agency

turtle28

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Hey now that we know who our QB is and isn’t maybe we could talk about the players big names and depth guys we think could still be options or fits here. 

I don’t expect much activity from us in free agency other than to hopefully re-sign Zach Brown and possibly add a 2nd tier guard and a starting NT.

I’ll also add that once again, most people in this forum want the team to be built this way until March hits and they get excited about free agency and other teams players.

10 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Yea and for some reason you and many acting like he's elite . He also had an awful rookie year 

look at Breeland 2 good years and 2 crappy years . Just cause fuller had a good year doesn't mean he's champ baily or Norman.

Fuller had an up and down rookie year because:

1. He was a rookie trying to transition to the slot position in the nfl

2. He was coming off a torn ACL and microfracture surgery on his knee which meant not only was he not 100% health wise or mentally to start the season but he also missed the entire offseason as a rookie to develop and learn the defense because he was rehabbing.

Also, the reason people are acting like Fuller was elite is because he was elite last year. He was the top graded slot corner in the nfl, made game changing ints and pass break ups, was our best defensive back last year and arguably our best defender period.

That being said, Fuller can be replaced. We had to give him up to get a starting caliber top 10-15 qb in the NFL on our team and while I don’t like having to give up Fuller in the trade, it was a necessary cost in order to trade for a qb of Alex Smith’s caliber who is a playoff tested qb.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Fuller had an up and down rookie year because:

1. He was a rookie trying to transition to the slot position in the nfl

2. He was coming off a torn ACL and microfracture surgery on his knee which meant not only was he not 100% health wise or mentally to start the season but he also missed the entire offseason as a rookie to develop and learn the defense because he was rehabbing.

Also, the reason people are acting like Fuller was elite is because he was elite last year. He was the top graded slot corner in the nfl, made game changing ints and pass break ups, was our best defensive back last year and arguably our best defender period.

That being said, Fuller can be replaced. We had to give him up to get a starting caliber top 10-15 qb in the NFL on our team and while I don’t like having to give up Fuller in the trade, it was a necessary cost in order to trade for a qb of Alex Smith’s caliber who is a playoff tested qb.

2-5 record “playoff tested”

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Turtle, maybe you missed the posts about how we have 5 people (something like that) we've drafted since before 2015 still on the team.

Well that happens with all teams, some players you draft don’t work out - we also didn’t have a 1st round pick in 2013 & 14. I mean, we can’t keep every player we drafted in the last 4 or 5 years and we’ve drafted a lot of those players replacements or signed a few players to replace them.

I know for a fact that the Steelers, Packers, Patriots, Seahawks, Saints, Panthers, Ravens, Broncos and other teams that usually go to the playoffs and build through the draft DON’T have the same make up of draft picks on their roster left from 4 or 5 years ago too. 

It’s just the nature of free agency and the draft and the entire process. You just can’t keep everyone and when you lose players who are taking more money to go somewhere else on their second contract you draft their replacements and that what we’ve been doing.

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

2-5 record “playoff tested”

Yes, meaning, playoff experience and he has won some playoff games and almost took a team to the super bowl.

Keep in mind the teams he usually loses to in the playoffs have some of the best QBs in the Nfl and have been the best QBs of their generation and two of them are arguably the best of all time.

I mean am I the one with amnesia in this forum or something? Because I could have sworn that when we drafted Moreau many of those I’m having this discussion with didn’t think breeland would be back, no one in this forum has cared about Grant or Niles Paul being on this roster the previous 3 years but me - with the execption of one or 2 other posters - and most didn’t really wanted Murphy or Long retained either or were thinking they should be kept.

So, why is this even a discussion? 

Thos is the oddest thing ever. Posters wanted and thought the players would be gone all last season but now that they’re gone all of a sudden their worried about it?

Say what??? What a huge flip flop!

10 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Thought - sign Eric Ebron, release Vernon Davis . Ebron is a better blocker , young. 

I don’t think we’re going to be cutting Davis and to my knowledge Ebron is a Jordan Reed type TE, he’s not a good blocker either. I don’t think us signing Ebron would be upgrading our run blocking.

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I know for a fact that the Steelers, Packers, Patriots, Seahawks, Saints, Panthers, Ravens, Broncos and other teams that usually go to the playoffs and build through the draft DON’T have the same make up of draft picks on their roster left from 4 or 5 years ago too. 

Ugh, I dunno, I just did a quick look through of Steelers and Packers and they are more than double the Redskins for those eras.

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Ugh, I dunno, I just did a quick look through of Steelers and Packers and they are more than double the Redskins for those eras.

Before 2015? Nearly double? So what, we have 5 and they have 7 to 10?

Is that really a huge difference? 2 to 5 players out of 53?

The good thing is that we have signed what we hope will be an upgrade to Crowder and Grant with the Richardson signing; we’ve drafted what we hope will be Murphy’s replacement in Anderson, Breeland’s replacement with Moreau and we re-signed Dunny, Long’s replacement with Roullier and we did trade for a veteran qb to replace Cousins - I know most people don’t like the move - but to me it seems we made the best of a really bad botch with the Cousins negotiations from 2016 - 2018.

We also still have the draft to find other talent and the rest of free agency to add another starter or two and depth. 

It just boggles my mind about some posters complains because we didn’t keep Grant, Bree, Murphy and Long. The truth of the matter is those posters didn’t want to keep them past last year and some of them didn’t want them since we drafted them and definitely not after they were here a year.

Its just odd that they’re saying now, 3, 4 or 5 years later we should have kept them.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

The difference between 5 and 10 (almost all likely being starters) is huge to me, yes.

Our guys weren’t starters other than Bree (who again we’ve replaced!) Long (who again we’ve replaced!) and of course Cousins (who again we’ve replaced).

Sorry, I just think it’s an overreaction 

16 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

How good was he with the giants ? I never paid attention to this dude .

Arguably, Pugh was their best offensive lineman. He had a bad year last year because he was forced to play right tackle, but is a very good guard (I'd say he is the best non-Norwell option).

12 hours ago, mar29020 said:

redskins like to play jingo with there picks. they keep building it up and knocking it down. rinse and repeat.

Jenga.

Jingo(ism) is a whole another thing that is not allowed on this forum (politics).

Archived