The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Kind of like blah on Suh.... He’s not the Suh he was before he got that contract and not sure how he’d fit at 5T. Plus he’ll likely want way more than what we will offer.

That’s a lie he still dominant despite the sack numbers, two different systems. In Det he played in the same defense we ran wit Jeff fisher, Tampa 2 wide 9 4-3 defense. He also played next to another disrupting DT next to him Nick Fairley so you had to pick your poison on who you double. In Miami he faces double teams every down & his job is to keep the LB’s clean. He still is disruptive. Think of Suh as Richard Seymoure. 

22 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Casey/Suh/Jones/Johnson/Klug/ Williams/King

Wouldn't be too shabby...not too shabby at all

If we sign Suh I think we release Sylvester Williams & kick jones to the NT though no way we keep Williams at his salary when Austin Johnson can give us the same thing at a cheaper rate. & I think we may cut klug 

Just now, dtait93 said:

What are our biggest needs right now? In no particular order, LB, OL depth, WR depth, QB depth? 

Also, how much cap room do we have left?

We had over 60, we still can create more by releasing a few players extending Lewan & restructuring a contract or 2.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I literally just rolled my eyes.

Now that I'm not about to be driving into work, I'll expand. Is that one game supposed to be indicative of the type of quarterback Kaep is? If I go grab a photo of Marcus and his stats in the Steelers game, does that make him a terrible quarterback that shouldn't be in the NFL? How about if I post this?

1883010a0d51f461435e063bfbcfb58f.jpg

Does that now make Kaep a Hall of Famer? 

Beyond all of that, I think people vastly overstate the role of a backup quarterback in practice and in games. First, what leads us to the belief that Chad Henne or Matt Cassel or T.J. Yates are smarter football players than Colin Kaepernick? It's certainly not on-field results. What is to make me believe that the guy with a career touchdown to interception ratio of better than 2:1, a career passer rating of 90 and a career YPA of 7.3, would be less helpful in the film room than the pure trash quarterbacks that get talked about as potential backup options? 

All we get is that Kaep doesn't strike people as a "student of the game," while what, guys like Chad Henne do? Why? If I look at the two players overall body of work, nothing points me in that direction. Hell, all I've read is that Kaep has been working out and studying the game every day that he's been out of the league, despite knowing that the odds of him getting another shot are virtually zero.

53 minutes ago, Ockham said:

I didnt say Jerseys, I said tickets.

As for this. Any lost revenue from ticket sales will undoubtedly be canceled out by merchandise sales. The second he were to sign elsewhere (which yeah, he never will), he will immediately become tops in jersey sales across the league and the team he signs with with get an influx of fans from across the country. Any fans that we lose for trying to field a competent backup quarterback behind our starting QB that has struggled to say healthy, probably weren't real fans to begin with.

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

What are our biggest needs right now? In no particular order, LB, OL depth, WR depth, QB depth? 

Also, how much cap room do we have left?

I think we're down to 25-30 million, with $5 million needing to be saved for the draft pick pool.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I think we're down to 25-30 million, with $5 million needing to be saved for the draft pick pool.

I could be down for Suh then, we don't have many needs besides depth which I think we can probably address for pretty cheap in FA and then through the draft. Wonder what Robinson's plan is for LB though...maybe trade up in the draft for his guy like he did Conklin? We don't have the same draft capital we did when we jumped up to 8, but maybe he'll pull the trigger.

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Suh is my biggest want right now. Him up the middle with Casey and Jones beside him would be a lot of fun. 

If the Titans choose not to sign him I understand why because he is a knuckle head on the field but I would love to take that chance 

On life he’s worth the chance, we need interior flexibility to match Jacksonville 

Archived