The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’ve been slightly critical of Robinson’s FA approach in the past, but he’s absolutely killed it on these four contracts. So much fluff in the numbers, so easy to get out of if they bust or you need room to pay Marcus.

I’ve told you all to be patient pay attention to the signs he had no choice but to kill it, his job is kinda on the line. 

11 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’ve told you all to be patient pay attention to the signs he had no choice but to kill it, his job is kinda on the line. 

JRob’s job isn’t even close to on the line. The roster has improved an insane amount since he took over. 

15 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Wtf the are you talking about? Robinson’s job the line? Says who?

14 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

JRob’s job isn’t even close to on the line. The roster has improved an insane amount since he took over. 

I didn’t say his job is on the line I said kinda. Let me break it down to you guys when I kept telling y’all we will spend & spend big. What I mean by his job being on the line think use your head, Robinson talked the owner into firing not only a locker room favorite coach, but a coach that has put together 2 back to back winning seasons, a play off birth & victory. Hired a HC with no HC coaching expierence. So think about it if you’re Robinson it’s a MUST THAT YOU DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER to win & improve off last season, considering the fact that you’re running the show now

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I didn’t say his job is on the line I said kinda. Let me break it down to you guys when I kept telling y’all we will spend & spend big. What I mean by his job being on the line think use your head, Robinson talked the owner into firing not only a locker room favorite coach, but a coach that has put together 2 back to back winning seasons, a play off birth & victory. Hired a HC with no HC coaching expierence. So think about it if you’re Robinson it’s a MUST THAT YOU DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER to win & improve off last season, considering the fact that you’re running the show now

When you put it that way, it does make a bit of sense. I mean nothing happens to him if we don't make the playoffs in 2018, but if we take a step back from 2017 (no matter if you consider a fluke or not) that will definitely ding his credibility a bit.

Robinson can’t afford to look like he’s in over his head or he made a mistake by firing mularkey. He doesn’t want to make an A$$ of himself. With Houston being full strength & jacksonvile winning the division last yr, he knows he has to hit it in both the draft & FA. I honestly don’t see us staying at 25 I think he’s going to be aggressive & get a frachise defensive game changer. 

1 minute ago, VY said:

When you put it that way, it does make a bit of sense. I mean nothing happens to him if we don't make the playoffs in 2018, but if we take a step back from 2017 (no matter if you consider a fluke or not) that will definitely ding his credibility a bit.

Thank you all I ever try to do is make sense, & not to be talking out the side of my neck. I’ve seen this from the jump this whole offseason him hiring Vrabel told me he had a plan up his sleeves, on how he was going to attack the off-season. He’s far from done book it.

Robinson’s not going anywhere regardless of what he does this offseason. It’s clear now who AAS  sided with. The team is in Robinson’s hands right now and it’s not changing anytime soon. I wouldn’t exactly say he’s spending like crazy either. His job isn’t “kind of” on the line.... It’s not “maybe” on the line.... He’s GM, unless this team becomes a massive failure.

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Robinson’s not going anywhere regardless of what he does this offseason. It’s clear now who AAS  sided with. The team is in Robinson’s hands right now and it’s not changing anytime soon. I wouldn’t exactly say he’s spending like crazy either.

I’m not saying his job is on the line as if he’ll be fired I’m saying his job is on the line as in,saying he knows if the titans don’t win he’ll be scrutinized. As for he’s not spending a lot it’s not about the amount he’s spending, it’s about him being active & aggressive & spending where positions are needed & we can get value.

20 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Robinson can’t afford to look like he’s in over his head or he made a mistake by firing mularkey. He doesn’t want to make an A$$ of himself. With Houston being full strength & jacksonvile winning the division last yr, he knows he has to hit it in both the draft & FA. I honestly don’t see us staying at 25 I think he’s going to be aggressive & get a frachise defensive game changer. 

We don't have much capital to move up, and I doubt Vrabel wants to see next year's first gone to get a guy this year. Unless someone like Chubb or Minkah drop past 5, we will most likely have a crack at Landry or one of the ILBs at 25. We've missed on too many draft picks right before J-Rob got here and Dodd is already a bust. Need those draft picks to start panning out.

2 minutes ago, VY said:

We don't have much capital to move up, and I doubt Vrabel wants to see next year's first gone to get a guy this year. Unless someone like Chubb or Minkah drop past 5, we will most likely have a crack at Landry or one of the ILBs at 25. We've missed on too many draft picks right before J-Rob got here and Dodd is already a bust. Need those draft picks to start panning out.

Let Roquan smith or Davenport make it to 15-18 ? watch. Remember quality over quantity. Sometimes you got to ask yourself is this your guy & do you believe he can make a tremendous impact for the next 5-7yrs 

Archived