The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

I’ve wanted that big time elite piece to pair beside Casey for a long time and Suh would give us the opportunity to have that. It’s all about building up that front 7, but our secondary is looking like the most talented group we’ve ever had on paper. If we could add another high safety that can cover like a Burnett, Reid, or Vaccaro we’d really be cooking with gas on defense.

5 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Also does anyone think Vinny Curry could be an option?

We might be a 3-4 team, but Vrabel has spoke about front multiplicity. 

Curry might not be a perfect fit, but he can get to the passer. Maybe Pees can find a role for him.  

I’ve been wondering about him too. I’m curious if he could stand up and play OLB for us in 3-4 looks.

28 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Colts just released Jonathan Hankins. Would be a really nice consolation prize if we fail to land Suh. Dude's insane against the run.

honestly, i might rather have hankins than suh. dude's 25, his best years are ahead of him.

Just now, -Hope- said:

honestly, i might rather have hankins than suh. dude's 25, his best years are ahead of him.

Maybe. He's not even half the pass rusher Suh is though, and Casey and Jones are already superb against the run. It'd be practically impossible to run on us if we were to sign him, but does nothing for our pass rush.

14 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

So you wanna keep adding on to a strength of ours & not a weakness ? smart I like the idea. Play the run all day in a pass happy league, when we struggle to get to the QB with a 4man rush unless we blitz... ??

18 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Maybe. He's not even half the pass rusher Suh is though, and Casey and Jones are already superb against the run. It'd be practically impossible to run on us if we were to sign him, but does nothing for our pass rush.

yeah, if we were to sign him i'd probably want to sign/draft a rotational interior lineman who could rush the passer, similar to klug in his best days. at the end of the day suh is probably the better acquisition, but he's also 31 and may only be of use for 1-2 years.

Archived