Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Do we want to wait on McDainels or Shumur?

I don’t think we have anything to lose. They both will be available to talk next week no matter what, so why not wait? It’s not like these jobs that have been open for a while now are suddenly filling up. It seems like everyone is waiting. The Falcons waited when they got Dan Quinn and it paid off greatly. Hoping that JRob and AAS can wait as well. The names being mentioned that aren’t McDaniels or Shurmur I feel like will be available in 2-3 weeks if we decide to go another direction. Anyone worth hiring without waiting would’ve been hired by another team by now, IMO. 

I don't want us just to sit back and not do anything though. While we wait on those two or anyone else we might be interested in we need to be interviewing as many coaches as possible. Maybe we find a diamond in the rough or someone willing to make a lateral move to be with Mariota.

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Michael Lombardi seems to think the McDaniels ship has sailed because he’s likely a done deal to Indy.

If McDaniels wants this job as bad as @KingTitan‘s “guy of the guy” says he does, the Titans job opening changes that I would imagine. Haven’t heard anything from a reliable source that McDaniels to Indy is happening, unlike with Patricia to Detroit.

Could Indy and McDaniels be pretty close to being done? Sure. But with the smoke from Schefter about us making a run at McDaniels and JRob’s connection and just the fact that it seems we are the better situation, I’m thinking it will end up being McDaniels for the Titans 

1 minute ago, tntitans4life17 said:

If McDaniels wants this job as bad as @KingTitan‘s “guy of the guy” says he does, the Titans job opening changes that I would imagine. Haven’t heard anything from a reliable source that McDaniels to Indy is happening, unlike with Patricia to Detroit.

Could Indy and McDaniels be pretty close to being done? Sure. But with the smoke from Schefter about us making a run at McDaniels and JRob’s connection and just the fact that it seems we are the better situation, I’m thinking it will end up being McDaniels for the Titans 

I wonder how close Josh is to Jon. Are they really that close? Why is it so much a given that he wants McDaniels, outside of the NE connection. Is that "want of the Titans job" stronger than whatever bond he built in Indy.

Yea I don’t buy Lombardi’s bs. McDaniels name has been linked to this job for like 2 years now. No other name has been mentioned in the media. Before the Jacksonville game, the report was if Mularkey lost, he could be out and McDaniels is the favorite. Who was Rapoports source? Robinson? McDaniels? McDaniels agent? So obviously he seems to be interested in this job.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I wonder how close Josh is to Jon. Are they really that close? Why is it so much a given that he wants McDaniels, outside of the NE connection. Is that "want of the Titans job" stronger than whatever bond he built in Indy.

All very valid points. Definitely going to be an interesting few weeks while this all goes down. All I can say is that I am just excited Mularkey is gone. All the names being thrown around give me more excitement than Mularkey staying. Even if it’s a guy like Reich or someone we aren’t all talking a lot about, I will just be happy it’s not Mularkey and co. back again.